Friday, September 10, 2021

Getting ready for Halloween

I have been whipping through more panels lately. Before vacation I pieced at least four of them. And I am now trying to get them quilted and into the shop.  Who can resist this cutie! 


These little guys are part of a pre printed panel that I cut apart and am dividing them up into two wall hangings. Only one will get done now. Here you can see I am auditioning fabrics to coordinate with it.

After cutting them apart I brought them up to a workable size by framing them with solid black fabric. And then added checkerboards, more framing and pinwheels. 



 


To finish it all off I used a black and orange checkerboard fabric for the outer border.  It came out to be 23" x 23".  

Stay tuned for more panel wall hangings in the near future!

Linking up with Friday linky parties:



8 comments:

  1. Very cute! I have that same panel I think. For some crazy reason I'm always afraid to cut my panels apart, but yet I keep seeing awesome projects that do exactly that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute quilt using that panel…love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute one, Vicki! I love the blue accents with all that orange. I've just been mixing some blue and orange together in my projects this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That should brighten up the shop and inspire others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely, you are right, no one can resist these cuties! Lovely idea to add different checkerboards, your hangigng quilt is bright, fun and cheerful!
    Thank you for sharing and linking up today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fall!! Halloween!! bring on the cool temps right? This one is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki! Ooh, those fabrics you auditioned look so nice with the panel pieces. I especially love that green - just the perfect shade. Well, all of it fits together just as if you had planned it all along. Great job! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html