Friday, September 23, 2022

Autumn wall hanging

 This is a Buttermilk Basin pattern from a long time ago.  I have made them in the past but not for a long time.  Back then I used felt for the black background, this time it is black cotton fabric.  The word, pumpkin and acorn are flannel or felt that has been fused on and machine appliqued after I quilted it.


I love this little 24" quilt hanger that my friend gave me.  My hubby modified it a bit by drilling holes in it and adding the knobs so it is easier to open.  Once open you lay your quilt in it, close and tighten those knobs up.


This also looks good as a table mat.  The outer border is homespuns, I have plenty of those to use up!  Sometimes they even find their way as a backing. 


I added three little leaf buttons above the 'M' and 'N'. 


Just a quick finish for Friday link up parties...Finished or Not FridayPeacock Party and TGIFF


13 comments:

  1. Very cute! Buttermilk Basin has such cute designs. Love the idea of being able to either hang it up or lay it on a table. Hanging would be a great option for some runners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buttermilk Basin patterns are such fun to stitch up, and this one is so fun and perfect for the season! I have a quilt hanger similar to that one in my kitchen and like the ease of hanging the quilts in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt hanger is a nice gift and your hubby's modifcations are genious. The Autumn quilt is perfect decor for today....it's 57 degrees in the WNC mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cute one, Vicki - very Autumn feeling! I like the homespun plaid for the border - it really fits the theme. Pretty quilt hanger, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super cute! It would also be great as a bench pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty Autumn wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute for fall. My friend gave me a quilt hanger similar to yours and I like being able to switch quilts out easily with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, Vicki!!! Such pretty fabrics in this piece and love the border fabric. I have some Buttermilk Basin patterns in my cart right now. They are fun to work on. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so cute!!! I love the pumpkin and acorn letters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this little wall hanging and the additions you made to it. It looks perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html