Wednesday, February 7, 2024

A new tripple zipper bag

Well what do we do on a rainy day, well sew/quilt of course!!  I really needed a new little bag/pouch to carry my phone, keys, chapstick, a few dollars etc.  This free pattern/tutorial from A Quilter's Table was perfect for that the first time I made it so I went for it again. 


Looking back for a blog post when I made the first one it reminded me I wanted mine one inch longer and wider than her pattern. For some reason that day I had a hard time wrapping my brain around the process. It's not hard but I guess I had other things on my mind that took up my brain cells, LOL.



Sometimes it's good to try something a little different. So I decided to put binding on the raw edges instead of having them shown on the lining of the bag. Thus it looks even wider. Not sure I like that size so the binding might come off yet. I think I could have the raw edges inside and do the binding on them in there. Or I could do like before and serge the edges inside. We'll see.  I haven't added a strap yet to make it into a cross body bag like my first one.



The back.



The inside of the main bag. 

14 comments:

  1. Love this bag. Gonna check out the pattern and put a note to make it 1" deeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great little bag, Vicki! Pretty colors, too. Where do you get your zippers? Thanks for the link to her tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I've been on a bit of a bag-making kick lately. I'll have to go check that pattern out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome bag! Hmm - maybe I'm not done making bags this winter. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cute little bag and pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks really good - I never have good luck with making bags that looks like a good one to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great, neat-looking bag! Thanks for the link. One of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute bag! And in my favorite colors too. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/2024/02/07/wednesday-wait-loss-366

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute bag! Have it pinned for later. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops didn’t mean to make that anonymous!

      Delete
  10. Hi Vicki! This is a cute bag! The requirement of three zippers would have just about put me over the edge - I haven't willingly put in a zipper in anything since middle school. At least that I can recall. HAHA! Hmm. Maybe a French seam on the inside would work? Or a lining - not sure about the pattern. It sounds like my ideas would add more work than it's worth. I like it with the binding on the outside! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Fantastic blog! The depth of research and clear writing make this a go-to source for anyone seeking well-informed insights. Keep up the excellent work!"
    https://www.discountdrift.com/promotions/

    ReplyDelete
  12. "A standing ovation for the commitment to excellence exhibited by this blog. The author's ability to tackle diverse topics with expertise and finesse is truly impressive. Thank you for consistently raising the bar!"
    https://www.couponsstudio.com/all-stores

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html