Monday, March 11, 2024

New project

Fellow blog friend Sara has been whipping up the cutest project bags and it tempted me to let my inner squirrel out and make them also.


I found a freebie pattern from Center Street Quilts for Moda.  It uses clear vinyl for the lower front. I want to find a good source for cute zipper pulls.  For the purple fabric on either side of the zipper I fused Craft Fuse to the fabric before I sewed them to the zipper. This made them nice and crisp feeling and I felt like the zipper installation was easier too. 


It measures 12"x 12".  


So perfect for all those hand projects, cross stitch, knitting, embroidery or how about holding toiletries for those trips you might be taking. I might be making a few more of these as they are fun to make.  Have you made any project bags? 


Want to check out what everyone else has been doing? Head over to these linky parties to find out.

Don't forget the Villa Rosa Designs blog hop starting in just a few days, March 14th.  With 28 bloggers participating and fantastic prizes you'll want to hop along for sure!  My day is March 19th. 





10 comments:

  1. Super cute project bag, Vicki. I haven't made any myself but I do have a few vinyl front and a TON of the envelope style. I look forward to your March 19th blog hop post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made one of those and love it! It's definitely perfect for taking some embroidery supplies along on a trip. You picked some pretty colors for yours, and that's a great idea to add some interfacing to the zipper section. I'll have to remember to do that next time, too. Are you going to make these for your shop? I bet they would sell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice bag! bags are something I just never make

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your project bag! I'm tempted making one for my cross stitching project! Thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeh! The squirrel is out! This is a gorgeous project bag, Vicki. I have a deep affection for butterflies. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoy making project bags, too. The fabrics you used are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Vicki, I love your fabric! I've made that pattern and love it too. I often use mine to put fabric I want to match at a store, and also for a place to stash my floss next to me when I cross stitch. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki! What a cute project bag. I've never heard or used Craft Fuse. I'll have to check that out. It sounds like the perfect touch for a bit more stability. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job, Vicki!!! And nice that you found a freebie pattern. I have made a few similar bags. Sewing that clear vinyl is not for the faint of heart!!! See you on March 19th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable project bag, Vicki! Love the colors!! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html