Friday, April 26, 2024

Two for Table Scraps

Every month there is a Table Scrap challenge at The Joyful Quilter blog. This month Joy announced the Theme was Umbrella and the color is yellow to coordinate with the RSC color of the month.  I made two yellow table runners this month. I'll be stretching to follow the Umbrella theme, keep reading to find out how. 


The first table runner is my Dresden plates turned sunflower. I love making these!





This second one is Morning Star using the Accuquilt Bob die for it. If you are a regular follower you saw this one recently in it's own post.


As for the umbrella theme, well we need rain for the sunflowers to grow and we might need an umbrella if we have to go outside in the rain!  And this morning it looks like we might get a little rain today throughout the weekend, therefore I might need to use an umbrella at some point, LOL.  More sewing/quilting might happen over the weekend if it does rain. What are your plans for the weekend?

Linking with:


16 comments:

  1. such pretty yellow and the runner is so pretty - we are to get rain off and on through Sunday I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, I think if you look straight down at Morning Star it looks amazingly like 3 yellow umbrellas viewed from above! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your sunflower runner! The Dresdens are definitely perfect for that. I might have to think about making something like that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking you would use the sunflower as an umbrella to protect from the rain.... but you did well with covering the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I love a good creative connection to the theme, Vicki. Both of your table runners are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable runners, and those shapes look a bit umbrella-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thinking, covering all the bases, Vicki!!! They're both cute, happy table runners!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous, Vicki! I have an affection for yellow quilts. Well done ! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful table runners. You did a great job with your table scraps and making it fit the theme. I hope to be sewing again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely table runners. It will be hard to decide which one to put on the table! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely sunflowers runner! I love the shape of the runner too, those corners are perfect. Always nice to see the Morning Star runner ;)
    Thank you for sharing these bright and beautiful runners!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful table runners Vicki, I really, really like the sunflower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The umbrellas in the morning star (which could be a “sun”) is a stroke of genius.
    Jane in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can follow the umbrella logic :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, to see your beautiful Dresden sunflower reminds me of how much I love that block! I haven't made one in quite a while, but I need to now. Both projects are sunny and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great stretch!!! but even greater table runners

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html