Last summer when my oldest brother and his lady friend visited from Arizona I had showed her a donation quilt I was working on called a Chunky Race. It was made from blues and mauves and she remarked she liked those colors. I happened to be working on another one like it. So I knew I would finish that one and gift her. They called last week and said we'll be coming through your area on Sunday and would love to stop, well of course please do I said!! I hurried and quilted and bound the quilt for her! They were able to stay until today. We enjoyed taking them to the casino, visiting and playing cards.




It is a great design for using up fabric. How wide did you cut your strips? Visits with family are always nice.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice surprise for the "lady friend"! Those are great colors together, and that pattern is really pretty. Love your hydrangea tree!
ReplyDeleteChunky Race is a very pretty finish. The colors are so soothing. Glad you could finish it and gift it right away.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet quilt, and so sweet of you to make it for her!! The colors you used are lovely and go together so well.!
ReplyDeleteThat is very similar to the Atkinson Designs Lasagna Quilt. ( if someone is looking for a pattern )
Great backing, Vicki. I am lazy in that regard.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice surprise for her! She'll love it and use it for sure. I need to find a small piece to work on at night too. Can't wait to see what yours becomes. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/07/15/wednesday-wait-loss-493
That is a pretty quilt, Vicki! I bet she was surprised that you made it for her. Sounds like an enjoyable visit, too. Love those hydrangeas, and your cross-stitch start!
ReplyDeleteLove that pieced back. What a fun gift for her. Congrats on finishing another UFO.
ReplyDeleteAaw such a darling quilt and a fabulous gift.. I have always had an affection for blues and mauves . It sounds like you had a lovely visit with your brother and his lady friend. Your hydrangea is bursting with blooms- so pretty! Eeeh! Great start on the Summer Stamp Header, Vicki. I hope you enjoy it and thank you for adding it to your Summer stitching. Have a lovely day. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteLove the quilt and that was a very nice gift. I'm sure she loved it! Can't wait to see more of your cross-stitch.
ReplyDeletethat is a great quilt gift!! it is always nice to have company. Are you have any smoke from the Canadian fires I hear there is smoke at Lake Superior and different areas and wasn't sure where in Minnesota you are
ReplyDeleteLove it, the colors are just so soothing.
ReplyDeleteI bet she was delighted with the quilt. Having them visit was probably a nice diversion from all this heat (and smoke).
ReplyDelete