Friday, August 21, 2026

Productive week continues

 I am really pleased with all I got done this week. In Wednesday's post you saw a glimpse of my design wall in process projects. They are all done!  It's no secret I love working with panels. These two had bits from different panels that I added elements to to make them unique.


The quilting was fun and even tho' most of it is with a ruler it went fast. The diagonal lines on the crow and sunflower block almost make it look like rain. 


The crow and sunflower came from the same panel.


To bring them up to the size I needed for adding the rest I made six flying geese that are 2x4 finished. Then I needed that piece to be wider so I added a skinny white sashing to each side of the geese. 


The four little blocks at the top were from a totally different panel yet they go together so nicely with the crow and sunflower. I have several more of those little ones left from more panels. They will get included in other pieces eventually. 



The next wall hanging, Welcome Harvest, has parts from different panels also and they play well together too. The words are from one panel, each letter of the word is printed on an cream color fabric. The three prints in the middle are all from another panel. All I had to do was add the checkerboard on the sides of the apple barrel one and then sash and border in a grunge looking black/gray fabric. I originally thought I would add another colorful border but once the black was on it didn't need anything more.


More ruler work on this wall hanging too. It just scream for it so I listened;)


More diagonal lines


The word Harvest I did with my channel locks since it was going horizontal and that worked really slick. I had never tried that.  I first checked it out to make sure it would give me straight lines across, I had it basted on correctly:) It wouldn't take much to be off just a tad and not have straight lines within that panel and look goofy.


I finished up twin pumpkin table runners but no photos were taken at the time of writing this on Thursday night.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html