Friday, September 4, 2026

Finishes and progress made

 Not sure how it got to be Friday already because I didn't get as much done as hoped. But that might be because I kinda took Monday and Tuesday off. Well not completely because I put the finishing touches on two cross stitch projects. 


This first one has been stitched for quite some time. I am glad I waited as I am in love with how I finished. The black background is a black framed canvass from The Dollar Tree, which I just found on Monday when I just happened to stop into the local store. For the cross stitch I sewed the black striped fabric to it and then layered two pieces of batting over a stiff cardboard and wrapped the cross stitch around it. The orange fabric is also wrapped around a piece of cardboard. The glue gun comes in handy to glue all the layers together. A little wired burlap bow finished it off. The pattern was a freebie at one time from Primrose Cottage Designs. 


Another freebie was this pumpkin/crow in a jar from Melisa. She has a whole series of items in jars. A fun and quick stitch that has also been waiting to be finished for a year I think. I used an easel from the Dollar Tree and painted it black before adding the cross stitch which I also wrapped around batting and cardboard. Notice the four acorns I glued onto the bottom, they were from our many oak trees. I am looking forward to decorating with my fall decorations soon.

Wednesday I got back into quilting mode and quilted one of the recent panel wall hangings I was working on Sunday. 




Next up was finishing up a sunflower table runner that was in progress for a couple weeks at least.


I need another Cinderella wall hanging to put in the shop. It's quilted but needs binding, I'll do that Friday. 


Linking with Finished or Not, TGIFF, Off the Wall, I quilted this, and Beauties pageant.

Sitting watching TV and here comes a buck looking for a drink from the pond in the backyard just a few feet from the house. And then comes buck #2 a little smaller and buck #3 smaller yet!  We love our wildlife for sure.













No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html