Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I'm back and quilting...

or I should say and binding as that is what I have been doing this week. When I was at Machine Quilters Showcase in May there was a lady who donated a couple wall hangings/table runners that she made-hers were a Christmas theme. I decided to use a fall theme for mine. I layered up my longarm with backing, batting, and background fabric then layed on the silk leaves, yarns, angelina fibers and put tulle on top of that and quilted it all with a freehand swirls design with a gold Glide thread. As I went to bind it yesterday I decided to use some glitzy crochet thread in fall colors to give it a bit more punch. So I sewed the binding to the back of the runner, flipped it to the front and did a tiny zig zag in gold colored thread over the crochet thread(using my cording foot on my sewing machine) which layed on the edge of the binding. So I accomplished two things at once. I like how it came out, it was a fun technique to try. I think it looks better in person than in the pic's as I could not get the gold fibers to shine for you. It is a subtle look anyway not gaudy! I have more quilting to share with you another day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html