Sunday, May 3, 2015

Bright scraps!

This is gonna be a pretty quick post, it's so nice out today that we want to get our TerraTrikes out on the local trail. But I wanted to share this bright scrappy quilt that I finished up recently. The colorful blocks are wonky log cabin blocks from the Quilting Modern book. I was inspired by a setting that Cynthia from Quilting is more fun than housework blog used a while ago.



I used a brushed fleece in lt. blue for the backing and NO batting, it is a very sofy snuggly quilt! The quilting designs in the wonky blocks are designs from Christina Cameli's second book. I used Glide thread.


Linking with Oh Scrap, Freemontion by the River and Creative goodness
My side bar will give you the links!


I also entered this into the Finish A Long as one of the seven projects for the second quarter goal.

18 comments:

  1. Happy and scrappy it doesn't get any better than that! Love the idea of no batting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me happy just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your wonky log cabin! It makes me happy too!! Have fun on the trail!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, I love what you did! And the colors you you are so fun and bright. Thanks for sharing your wonderful quilt with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a bright & cheerful scrappy quilt! I love all your quilting on it too! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bright and happy quilt! Visiting from Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Wonky log cabins! No one could resist being cheerful with that quilt in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You used fleece for the batting? What a good idea! You can wash it before, and it's probably cheaper than batting. It must work well. Your quilting looks great, and you didn't say you had any trouble quilting it. And you can match a color! Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgot to say I love the wonky look, and the setting is most appropriate. It's a very cheery quilt.
    again with the Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work here! Love the blocks, color, and most especially the quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilt is bright, fabulous fun! But I am DYING to know - what is a Terra Trike? Such an intriguing name...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty! I love colorful improv. And your quilting makes the quilt so unique. Your work looks very easy and relaxed and smooth. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colours - so happy and bright. It makes me smile just seeing it. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks great! I love the bright colors and fun quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another lovely finish - so much detailed quilting on this one. Well done. *Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad*

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like this quilt. Great way to use scraps. And I like the white "sashing" between the blocks too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html