Monday, May 22, 2017

Charms on point

The charm pack, Gardenvale by Jen Kingwell for Moda, was one of my winnings last year.  I thought it appropriate to make into a cute little donation quilt. Making it #11 for H2H.  The purple is Kona eggplant(I think).

The lattice strips I cut at 1.75".  After adding some setting triangles I bordered the whole quilt with a 3" border.
 Since there were flowers in the charm pack I wanted to quilt it with a freehand allover swirl flower in a matching purple Signature thread.


A chartreuse strip was added to a purple backing to make it large enough.  There was just enough eggplant to make the binding.  Since it was a cold rainy weekend I was able to get this finished up and will be linking with Sarah for the finale linky party for H2H quilts.  How are you doing with your H2H quilts? 

This is listed as #4 on my Q2FAL project list found HERE.  And linking with Leanne.

Also linking with MCM at Beth's

Stay tuned for my Modern May Island Batik project coming this week!

13 comments:

  1. This is a fun quilt! I love the eggplant background rather than white or grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use a charm pack. I love the on-point setting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Great color to use with that charm pack. It's a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great background fabric and nice use of the charm pack. Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, and a great use of a charm pack! Thanks for being part of H2H 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone - that eggplant background makes this quilt pop! It's a great way to use a charm pack. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! 11 quilts? you're amazing and this one is stunning - that background really sets off the charms. Well done you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, if you had worked on that one while I was there, I might have "inadvertently" slipped that into my car for the drive home :-D I love the eggplant background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That eggplant is a beautiful color! I need to be bold and start using some non traditional background colors. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oo, that purple is luscious! Another winner, Vicki :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous color combinations, Vicki...love it set on point like that, too.
    If I'm not following a set pattern, I have trouble calculating the sizes for the setting triangles. I think I'm mathematically challenged when it comes to such stuff. Nice pattern for the quilting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm playing catch up again. :) I am so impressed with all of your finishes. You are super sweet and so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous use of a charm pack! I love it! Thanks for participating in the FAL!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html