Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Modern May-Island Batik challenge

 May is our Modern challenge for all the Island Batik ambassadors.  I have really been sucked in by all the modern quilting for a few years now. So as soon as I knew we would be doing a modern challenge again, I started thinking of what I wanted it to look like.  I was inspired by an Anka's Treasure's Mini Charmer pattern.

Spoolin Around is the Batik 5" Island Stamp pack of fun bright colors I chose to use for this 15"x 40" table runner. The green is from a 10" Island Stack and the neutral background is also one of their lovely batiks.
 Island Batik is back from Market and you can view all the gorgeous new fabrics they debuted in their Spring catalog HERE.
Recently I acquired some new quilting rulers for my longarm, so I thought this would be the perfect time to try out a couple of them. You can find more info on them HERE.  I used Aurifil thread for the piecing of this runner.  A first for me was to use two layers of Hobbs 80/20 in this runner, I really wanted some dimension to the quilting and I got it!  It works great for a table runner, but, I don't think I would want this for a bed quilt-not enough drape.


Linking with Linky Tuesday, Let's Bee Social, Midweek Makers, and NTT

You can check out all the other Ambassadors Modern May projects as they post them this month.

Nan from Purrfect Spots Designs
Turid from Den Syende Himmel
Stephanie from Quilt’n Party
Pamela from Pamela Quilts
Anna from Ark Angel Creations
Kathy from Kathy’s Kwilts and More
Jessica from Desert Bloom Quilting
Connie from Freemotion by the River
Kate from Seams Like a Dream
Sharon from Yellow Cat Quilt Designs
Tina from Quilting Affection Designs
Jennifer from The Inquiring Quilter
Barb from Bejeweled Quilts
Sally from Sally’s Quilting Corner
Jeanette from Inch Worm Fabrics
Connie from Kauffman Designs
Joan from Moosestash Quilting
Bernadine from Needle and Foot
Bea from Beaquilter
Cheryl from Cheryl Lynch Quilts
Maryellen from Mary Mack’s Blog
Joyce from Hearts Creations
Marlene from Kissed Quilts
Karen from The Quilt Rambler
Marian from Seams to be Sew
Laura from Slice of Pi Quilts
Linda from Inspired Layers
Vicki from Vicki’s Crafts and Quilting  (You are here)
Nancy from Masterpiece Quilting
Carol from FunThreads Designs
Terri from Meanderings Along Lizard Creek
Alison from Little Bunny Quilts
Suzy from Adventurous Applique and Quilting
Jean-Sophie from Sophie Junction
Janet from Whispers of Yore

21 comments:

  1. Oh, is that ever pretty, Vicki! Your quilting is just amazing, too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely fabulous, Vicki! I just love all of the different quilting motifs you integrated into this piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. The piecing is so simple but that quilting is out of this world. I love the extra definition using two pieces of batting can give.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some beautiful fabrics in the table runner and our quilting is nothing short of amazing. Looks like you made great use of your new rulers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicki,
    Beautiful quilting - those two threads really make a difference. It's a very nice table runner. ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it! So much fun and great quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome quilting! I finally bought a started sew steady set for the long arm, haven't tried them yet...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a simple pattern and the quilting adds such gorgeous dimension to it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great little runner, Vicki! I like the design and your quilting is fantastic! You have been a crazy busy quilter lately!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so pretty Vicki! The quilting took it to another level...just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, love your design and quilting!!! Any more details on the rulers and how to use them?

    ReplyDelete
  12. SEW COOL...I am just head-over-heels in love with this one, Vicki. Your treatments of the open spaces are fantastic & very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really cool, and your quilting is fantastic. I love the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilting. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great quilting - you have a very pretty, bright table runner to enjoy! Thank you so much for sharing it on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful -- the quilting makes those colors shine! Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute! I'm signed up to take a ruler class on my domestic machine, in July. Not sure if I'll do good, since I stink at FM.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vicki!!! MAD MAD love for this runner! It is luscious!! Woman you are on FIRE! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your quilting on this. It is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html