Monday, July 24, 2017

Oh Baby

Island Batik had sent me a Dotalicious 'Wind' pack of 10" squares in this years first shipment box to use for our Ambassador monthly challenges.  These are super fun brights, perfect for a crib quilt.  I used the freebie pattern from Amy Smart.  I did change up the borders a bit to get the size for the challenge. My quilt ended up 40" x 48".











Here is a peek at the cute Dotalicious line, see all the fun bring colors in the packet on the bottom. The lavender on top is what I used for my background.  The dark purple I used for the binding. 





Aurifil lavender was my choice of thread for the piecing and the bobbin while longarm quilting it.  The freehand quilting is a swirl flower type of design.  And you get a closeup of some of the squares. 


What a fun project!  








































And because the quilt is purple, here is what is blooming in my yard that is purple.






Don't forget there is still time to visit all the blogs on the 12 Days of Christmas blog hop, today is day 11.  You can find my day HERE.  Sarah has all the blogs listed on her post today HERE.  There is lots of great inspiration for you to get crafting your Christmas gifts right away!  Also Sarah has had to postpone the announcement of the winners of the hop until Aug. 4th as she has had a family matter to attend to. 

23 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Love those bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you added the strips of color to the top and bottom of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Those batiks were perfect for a little baby quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful baby quilt! I love that pattern and your cheerful fabrics are perfect. I was surprised to read that you quilted it with 50/2 Aurifil in a longarm machine, though. I thought you needed stronger thread to handle the high speed of a longarm machine. What brand longarm do you use, and do you make a lot of tension adjustments for quilting with Aurifil?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great baby quilt! It's so cheerful and fun. I like your added borders, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty baby quilt and your flowers compliment it perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. I have several new babies coming in a few months, and this might be my go-to pattern. Awesome quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki,
    This is really cute. I love the borders you added - it really sets off the star block nicely. It looks like it went together really quickly? Love those colors and especially the fabric (cute name, too). All around this looks like it was really fun to make. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these bright purples and dots. Thanks for sharing Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cute! I love how you changed the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful baby quilt and a fun pattern! I love how you color coordinate your quilts with the flowers in your yard :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks terrific Vicki, as do the coneflowers; funny but the project I'm doing for the e-zine is a star baby quilt...with a bit of a twist!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another wonderful finish! You make a great Island Batik Ambassador! I really do always love your color selections and the designs you choose. I haven't seen anything I didn't like yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So love those colors and stars....can't beat that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've wondered how to make a square quilt into a rectangular one without the borders looking strange, and by Jove, you've done it! That's a clever idea to add strips of color that are "embedded" in the background like that. Super sweet quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is SEW pretty Vicki...I think your change to the borders really adds additional interest & sparks it up a bit more than the original. Pretty fabrics too!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty colors in that pack - I'll give you a lot of credit for working on a monthly challenge! Thanks for sharing this bit of prettiness on Midweek Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty quilt that is!!! I have been in a purple mood too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html