Tuesday, May 12, 2020

To Do Tuesday #17

My week was pretty simple, I didn't feel like sewing and I didn't until yesterday.  I know you are thinking well what did she do instead, because you know I can't sit still and do nothing!

I uncovered my knitting machine and knit every single day.  Six little kid sweaters are knit, and I am in the process of sewing them up.  They are all cardigans and all are 9 months to 2 year size.  Here is one of them.

My supply of these little sweaters have dwindled and I haven't done much knitting the last 2-3 years.  So I need to get my hiney in gear this year. This one still needs buttons and a label.  

So my goal last week was a solitary one and that was to start working on a quilt order.  I cut the pieces out and pieced one row.   So I met my goal:)


Goals for this coming week will be:

1. To sew up the other five sweaters and maybe get the buttons sewn on them.  

2. Continue to work on the customer quilt.  I have given myself three weeks to work on this as I have other commitments that were lined up before I took the order. 

Linking up at To Do Tuesday.  


9 comments:

  1. It's amazing to me that you made that cute little sweater on a machine! I love the contrast on the front. Pretty fabrics in your quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work with that knitting machine really is a wonder! You have so many talents and skills. Kudos to you for using them so well! The sweater is so sweet and lovely. and that new quilt is going to be beautiful with those batiks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a nice pace set for this week, and I think you'll easily get some good progress done on the customer quilt! The sweaters are probably done already (wink), since you're so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I love that sweater and what fun to have a knitting machine. I have a long unfinished sweater, but its wool, so maybe that hits the UFO pile at the end of the year....we’ll see. Good luck with your week...and hope you have the mojo to do what you want and love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sweater makes me wish I had a knitting machine. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at that adorable little sweater! I bet those sell well at the shows you do in the fall. It is pretty amazing that you can do that on a machine. I have a friend here who has one, but I've never seen it. I'm going to have to ask her for a demo one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki! How big is the customer's quilt going to be? Good job giving yourself three weeks for the complete. I just LOVE your sweaters. They are so darn cute and it seems like you can complete them quickly. Amazing. Thanks so linking up this week, my friend. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you knit sweaters in 3T? My granddaughter might need one for next Fall/Winter (they live in Alaska). She's size 2T now, but might need the 3T by then (better too big than too small).

    ReplyDelete
  9. No ma'am, grass can't grow under your feet...you're like the energizer bunny and just keeps going and going :) That little sweater is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html