Friday, August 26, 2022

Happy Jack

Doesn't this little Jack-O-Lantern look so happy and excited for Halloween. Another part of a sweet Halloween panel makes his debut as a fun wall hanging. This was the same panel Witchy Boo was on. 


Once I got Jack all squared up he asked for a small green sashing all around him to make him think he was still in the pumpkin patch.  After that a thin black sashing before he got the addition of a checkerboard border in orange and white polka dot fabrics. 


Of course pretty green and orange pinwheels to symbolize green leaves and Jack's friends still in the garden. 


By now Jack was resigned to be just that a Jack-O-Lantern and not just a pumpkin anymore. So he let me spruce him up with the cutest candy corn outer border.  I found the candy corn fabric in Walmart in a precut 1 yard package, I couldn't resist! 


Happy Friday, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  I hope to be getting some quilting done so I have some finished to show next week.  

We had the Grandsons yesterday, we took them to the local park/zoo to see the new wolf pups, and the rest of the animals.  Mother nature thought we needed some watering as it rained. Hubby ran to the SUV to get our rain gear and we toughed it out till it really poured down. We quickly ran to the building for cover and to wait it out. After seeing the rest of the animals we went to the picnic shelter and had lunch. The boys were so funny as they told us the night before we had to have a picnic basket and a checkered red and white table cloth in order to have a picnic.  I quickly produced both and they were delighted!!  Kids can be so funny:)


Our wild plums, oh so yummy.  I found this tree with much bigger ones than most of ours. We will just gobble them right up. We thought about trying to make jam but think it is more work than we want. 

Linking with Friday fun linky parties... TGIFFFriday Foto FunFinished or not Friday

9 comments:

  1. Jack is cute as can be, Vicki! He looks quite pleased with his new surroundings, too. I love that candy corn print - I wonder if my Walmart would have it? I'll have to look the next time I'm in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest Jack O Lantern ever!! Good grandma to be able to magically produce basket and checkered tablecloth!!!! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out very cute. Those touches of green really wake it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally Happy Jack!!! Love him!! glad you had a good time with the Grand kids - I like their idea of a picnic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack does look so happy!! That candy corn fabric is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Halloween wall hanging turned out great! I'll bet your grandsons will love that one. Too funny about the red and white checked picnic blanket "requirement." Wild plums sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Jack is absolutely adorable even with the spider web in his mouth. Lol. And love those pinwheels. Well done. I have not had wild plums in ages. Those look so yummy. Have a wonderful weekend . Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Jack is just perfect. I love that the boys knew just what you needed for the picnic. Thanks, too, for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Jack is just that - such a happy quilt, and perfect for fall! What is a picnic without a little rain shower first? Haha! Glad you all enjoyed the day. Those plums are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html