Monday, August 27, 2012

Quilt for the shop

I pieced and machine quilted this Christmas quilt to hang in our local Mill End Textiles, just delivered it to them today and they really liked it. Getting good pic's was very difficult and I still don't like how they show but it was the best they were going to get. The pattern is Flatbread by Modern Quilt Relish, a very quick easy pattern. I used Glide Cleopatra and Lt. Burgundy thread on top and a cream So Fine in the bobbin, Airtex poly cotton batting. A little ruler work for cross hatching, then freehand holly swirl in the green and back and forth loops in the poinsettia fabric.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, cute quilting! I think it turned out perfect...way better than a panto! ;) love those holly swirls....time to make a Christmas quilt just so I can try that quilting!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html