Wednesday, May 21, 2014

WIP Wednesday and Festival...

Deb Tucker has some really fun rulers-these 2 runners are made using her Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star ruler. I ran across her YouTube on this banded Lemoyne star on Sunday and thought I would give it a shot. I love the results. Yes there is some waste and lots of trimming, but the accuracy is wonderful!! My blocks are 12" finished and then I added some borders.  Notice in the finished runner that cute teeny little red border that seperates the green borders-love it!!  My friend, Sandy, showed me how to do it, a little extra effort is soooo worth it IMHO!!  Got yet a third one in the works today-a fall version.














This week this post is linked to Lorna's and Lee's

Don't forget to check out all the inspiraton at Amy's Blogger's Quilt Festival-I entered these 2 quilts in small and mini categories, my first entry ever into the Festival!! I posted about them here and here.






















AmysCreativeSide.com

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. I love those star runners. It will be pretty in fall colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy! I love your mini with the curves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your runners look like they were fun to make. Love that little strip of red in the border. Maybe you will share your secret method with us? Good luck in the festival, Vicki. Your two entries are both winners in my books!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html