Tuesday, November 25, 2014

UFO saga continues

I was on such a roll a couple weeks ago finishing up UFO's, last week I didn't get nearly as much done. This week I am back on a roll, LOL  Just finished quilting and binding on this Top Hat Tessellations quilt-the pattern and fabric came from Bolines. It is one of 6 UFO's I entered into our local guild challenge this year. We have to show them Monday night at guild.  For the quilting I decided to use a panto-I know gasp, spit, sputter!!  For those of you that have been following my blog you know I LOVE to freehand or use rulers, I just don't enjoy panto's, I think it is because I love watching the design form as I am stitching. After the first couple rows on this quilt I settled in to it and it went along pretty quickly. Although I am a bit disappointed that you can't see the quilting on the front, it's busy fabric and you don't need to see it. But is sure shows pretty on the back.
Doesn't it look nice in my living room! Yes I am keeping this one.

 And onto more UFO's. I had these 2 purses in the process for the fall craft shows but they just didn't get done.  Since they were taking up valuable space on my counters in the sewing room I decided yesterday afternoon to just finish them up.


I have another UFO I finished this morning, I will share it tomorrow after I get a picture taken.
Linking up with some of the fun linky parties on my left side bar. 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely! It does look great in your living room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice UFO finishing work! I'm so close to crossing one off my long-term list (just have to stitch down the binding), that I can hardly stand it. That panto was perfect for your quilt, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY finishing UFOs :D This quilt looks fabulous in your living room! It is a beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finish. I'm so glad you are keeping it. It looks great in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quilt, and yes, it looks great in your living room.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html