Friday, April 28, 2017

Cheerful

 Cheerful is the name of the pattern by A Bright corner. I just thought it was a fun quilt and I had to make it this past February. Completing it by quilting and binding this is my One Monthly Goal for April.  


This one just had to have custom quilting. I do admit I previously thought I would do something entirely different for the quilting. But the day before I put it on the frame, I got to thinking I would look to the fabric for inspiration and this blue block with flowers got me to thinking.  See the flowers on it, that is what got me thinking of choosing two flower designs and treat the block as one instead of individual designs in each section of the block.  Much easier to execute and less starts and stops. Do you ever let your fabric talk to you?



Here is the other flower design. 


The tools and thread used throughout this quilt.


Love when I have backing in my stash that just works perfectly!


Linking with OMG, Wednesday Wait Loss and a few other linkies on the left side bar.

16 comments:

  1. Great finish! You are on a roll. :) Your quilting is spot on, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colors are beautiful as is your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty quilt. The quilting certainly 'made' it. The colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I just signed up for a ruler class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful! I really like what you did! NICE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. uhhh fun quilting!! love it, and those fabrics are the same I'm using for my QAL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fantastic! I have yet to get to a point where the fabric speaks to me, but I look forward to the day when I can truthfully say that. For now, lots of outline/echo quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful quilting! Did you mark the quilting lines with the rulers or use them as you quilted? Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, that is certainly appropriately named..."Cheerful" it IS!!
    Beautiful colors & you're right...the backing used is perfect for it.
    You make custom quilting sound so easy, Vicki & I know it is NOT!!!
    Yay you for completing this one so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great pattern this is! And a another GREAT finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely finish! I love the big flower quilting, especially the one with the more squared off petals. The Cheerful pattern is on my to-do list, thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea to let the fabric speak to you! I don't always think about the quilt block as a whole, but here it was the perfect choice. Love the colors you chose for this quilt! It's so beautiful.

    Thank you so much for linking up to Wednesday Wait Loss!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colors! And I love how your flower petals fan out in each block. I think my quilts do speak to me, but I can be stubborn, and I don't always listen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You're quilting on this is amazing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html