Monday, July 16, 2018

Crushing on Fall

Here is the first of the fall panels that I have been working on.  This one is completely done and I am pretty happy with how it turned out.  If you have followed me for a while you know I love to take a panel and add somewhat of a fancy border to them.   Here is what this one looked like after I cut off the scroll line design that was at the top and bottom of the panel.  This one didn't need much straightening up either.  Sometimes panels can be really wonky.  The ones that are easy to straighten are ones with some background so you have area to work with to cut it straight and not loose the design.

Here I have added a 1.5" inner border and a skinnier orange border before I started adding my orange and cream flying geese border.  The black inner border added just the right number of inches to make the geese border come out just right.


The geese have flown into the right formation!



Next came a strip set of cream, orange and another cream for the outer borders.  The corner stones in checked orange and black pull it all together.  The black binding completes this wall hanging at about 38 x 32.

And of course it had to have some fun custom quilting!  I like to keep the interior panel piece simple with hook swirl freehand quilting.   

The borders got the fun stuff quilted on them.  My favorite ones to do are the U turns in the orange geese and a loop in the cream geese.  Another favorite is the ribbon candy that encompassed the orange and cream strip borders that is centered in between some straight line quilting. 







 I will definitely use this border treatment again on another panel.  In fact it might be used on the identical panel that I found in my stash.  I either forgot I had bought one before heading to Paducah or I just really like it that much I bought another, LOL  Well the other one has a black background so it will look a bit different;)

I did get some sewing done this weekend-on other upcoming projects.   I hope you managed to get some in also.   It was so humid here it was no fun to go out and do anything.  Oh wait I have one more thing to show you that I made this weekend.


I have been wanting to get back at beading bracelets.  There are so many cute ones on pinterest and this was a pattern from Reggies Creations on Etsy.  So I decided to purchase the pattern after discovering I had some beads that would work perfectly!  It was fun and easy to do.  A nice break from sewing too:)


Linking with MCMDesign wall Monday and Monday Making

13 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki! Really CUTE bracelet! I love the beads, and the design looks great featuring them. Your finished panel is fabulous. I love all those nice closeups of your quilting. The ribbon candy is just my favorite stitch - I love how that looks over the cream and orange borders. I'll have to PIN a few of your photos to remind myself of how cute these look! Happy Monday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This panel quilt is the prettiest you've made, I think. It's a beautiful panel and you nailed it with the borders. Great finish! Cute bracelet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is beautiful! I love the borders and your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How PRETTY!!! Love what you've done to that panel & your bracelet is awesome! I'm always SO impressed with all that you accomplish. I'm in a slump & haven't sewn a stitch in months.
    Please tell me what cord/elastic stuff you used to make your bracelet? I would like to restring one that I have but I'm not sure what to buy!
    Thanks for continuing to share all your projects. You inspire me greatly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really do amazing things with panels - the borders add so much and so does your quilting! I love bracelet, too! That's a craft I've never tried.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bracelet!! The beads are so pretty and also in autumn colors. I don't blame you for buying another one of those panels...the little bird is just so sweet. Your border treatment is excellent, as always! This one will be snapped right up as people start thinking about fall decorating :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your talents never cease. That bracelet is beautiful! Love the fall wall hanging too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bracelet! The panel is looking really good too! You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super nice swirl quilting! And yes, that bracelet is adorbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your panel turned into a lovely mini! Very creative borders. And, that bracelet is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quilt. Most bracelets are made for people with small wrists. Even when I was skinny, I had large wrists.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the flying geese border and your quilting. I finally made some flying geese blocks this week. They weren’t too bad with the four at a time method. I love my bracelet! This one is pretty too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html