Sunday, July 22, 2018

Pixie Squares

Finally my Pixie Squares quilt is finished!  OK I didn't start it that long ago, but still I am glad I have a finish.  It all started when I won a jelly roll of RJR's Pie Making Day.
















I love this line and it patiently waited while I looked at pattern after pattern trying to find just the right one to make.  In May I was browsing online and found Pixie Squares by Whistlepig Creek Designs.  It's modern and will fit the pattern wonderfully.  It is an instant download so I got right to work!   Did you notice RJR's jelly roll are actually called Pixie Strips and I used it to make Pixie Squares!



Before long I had this much done, and then I stalled on it to do other projects.  However I needed my design wall, so finishing the piecing of the top became my June OMG goal.











And by the end of June the top was finished.  And I had met my OMG goal.





















But the neat part was I won this bundle of Puzzle Pieces Fat Eighths from the OMG and Green Fairy!!  Now what will I make with this-at this time I have no idea, but not to worry I will get around to it:)

Then July OMG rolls around and I decided I needed to get the quilting done this month so it doesn't get to be a UFO.  But wouldn't cha know I forgot to get a post up for the OMG.  But it still got done!

A freehand allover feather done on my Funquilter was the perfect element to get it done and give it texture and movement.  My quilt measures 53" x 53".


I love the polka dot lime green that I picked up at SR Harris on my way home from the MN quilt show in June.  This was also used as the binding. 


Don't forget tomorrow starts Christmas in July there is quite a line up of blogs.   Wednesday is my day...



19 comments:

  1. Great choice for a pattern. You're quilt looks fun and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome pattern for this jelly roll. I am curious, what's a fun quilter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the others...it's a great pattern for your fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! on a fun and beautiful finish. I love the backing fabric...the fun continues to the back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pixie Squares is a happy and colorful quilt. Congrats on such a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this quilt, Vicki! It's so bright and happy! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! I think the pattern was a pretty perfect choice for the fabrics! Beautiful quilting as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki! Oh, those dots on the back!! They were a very fun surprise - I just love it. What a nice finish, and a fun pattern just perfect for those pixie strips. I can't wait to see what you share on Wednesday. You know I'll be waiting and then reading. Happy Monday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an adorable, modern quilt! And the Pixie Strips for Pixie Squares has all the stars in line!?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fresh and cool like a breeze :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so perky and bright, Vicki! I love it! We were both looking for jelly roll/pixie strip patterns at the same time and you actually finished your piece. Congrats! Maybe I'll get my rear in gear and finish mine, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! It has such a cheery feel to it and the feathers are just perfect for it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun finish!! your quilting is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pixie squares from pixie strips. It was meant to be! Love the quilting you chose for this pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is such a fun finish, Vicki! So perfect for your jelly roll! Did you also use a white jelly roll, or yardage for the background?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute. Love the colors and the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your quilt and those quilting stitches are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this quilt has turned out to be amazing. I love the design you chose to go with the fabrics - perfect. And I have a thing for learning all over feathers at the moment, so I am admiring the finish too Thanks for sharing at Clever Chameleon :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html