Friday, July 20, 2018

Leaf table runner and QAL

One day I was playing around in EQ8 and came up with this table runner.  It sat on my computer and on my brain for a few weeks before I got around to stitching it.


I quilted it and then raw edge appliqued the leaves on.  Since they are batiks I am not worrying about if they ravel so I straight stitched them on.


 I like it so much I made another!  What do you think should I write up a pattern for it?

I am working along with Sarah's 12 days of Christmas QAL, I am doing mine smaller. This will also be my July challenge for Island Batik fabrics.  I hope you will come back next week to see my finish.  Here are my first blocks all pieced.

Look who I found sneaking up to eat my spirea!! 



 Linking with Foto Fun, Friday Finished or Not, and TGIFF

14 comments:

  1. I love the way the leaf backdrops get bigger and bigger. The fabric colors are very pretty, too. Wow, that deer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the best designs for your table runners! I like how you quilt before sewing on your applique pieces. That's a technique I plan on copying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely design for a table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another pretty table runner. I love that batiks do not ravel and I like that your quilted the runner before attaching the appliqued pieces. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This is fantastic. Write up the pattern; I'll test it for you! I won't tell anyone that Santa's (rein)deer are staying at your place! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so satisfying when we can finally make a design we have created! It's got fall written all over it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. I really like the shape of your leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those organic leaf shapes, and would love it you wrote up a pattern! The runner looks fab in fall colors. It would be great in spring greens, too. I'm looking forward to seeing your whole "Rejoice" quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki, what lovely table runners. A pattern would probably be a good idea :-) All the best with your 12 Days of Christmas QAL - and I hope you were able to save some of your spirea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicki! Love the fabrics and color combinations you put together. I think a pattern would be a fabulous idea! I hope that young buck didn't eat all of your spirea. Happy Friday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a really lovely table runner. Very nice colour choices for the leaves as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Batiks for that reason....wonderful runner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your leaf runner is great! Love the shapes of the leaves!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html