Monday, August 20, 2018

More leaf runners and a winning!

After Wendy made up my Falling For You leaf table runner pattern in cotton prints I was curious to make more too!  So last week I looked in my stash and found a leaf print for the borders and pulled scraps for the leaves and got right to work.

Since I was using regular quilting cottons this time I used fusible on the back of the leaves and satin stitched them down. And as usual for me, I appliqued the leaves after quilting. 

I loved how it turned out, so right back to the stash I went and grabbed another leaf print and some scraps.  This time in more subdued coloring.  Gotta have that variety for the customers!  You can find the finished runners in my Etsy shop or the pattern to make your own in my Craftsy shop.  Links on the right side bar.


Last month when Jamie  particapated in Sarah's 12 Days of Christmas blog hop, Jamie had a tutorial and giveaway for her barn quilt...and I was the lucky winner!!!!!!!!!!!    OMG it was like it was made just for me as it fits my wall where I always change out seasonal quilts that hang above my treadle machine.  


  And Jamie quilted it with the hook swirl which is my favorite design to quilt:0   Thank you Jamie, I will treasure it.

Here is to hoping we all have a productive week at reducing our stash!!  I am hoping to be working on more pineapple snowman blocks on Tuesday when a friend comes over to help me.  

Linking with:



17 comments:

  1. It amazes me the fabric you have in your stash. I know you probably plan way in advance for all these table runners. Looks good with those leaf prints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both table runners are beautiful in the fall fabrics. And congrats! on your win. The colors of the wall hanging sure pop where you hung it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your win. The quilt is hanging in the perfect spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why make one when you can make two!! I love how you were inspired by your tester of your own pattern! And congrats on the win. It looks like it was made especially for your space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your prints in the runners, Vicki! They turned out great. I have another idea, so I'll email it to you. That little wallhanging you won is perfect for that spot! It really brightens up that corner. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your barn quilt win looks great hanging above your treadle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two more super little runners! I know those will be snapped right up. Congrats on winning the barn quilt. It's PERFECT for that spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt looks terrific in its place - as you say like it belonged there. I love this version, too, of your tablerunner - it is a lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that satin stitching on your beautiful runner. Modern looking leaves on a traditional background. Great combo! And what a fantastic prize you won!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These leaves have a new twist to them -literally. Your work is so neat, Vicki. It is both inspiring and a little intimidating. Hope you have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful runner Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your barn quilt looks wonderful hanging above the treadle machine. I just got my mother's treadle machine back recently (after 27 years tracking it down), and you've inspired me to find a better spot for the machine so I can hang a quilt above it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All look nice. Enjoy your new quilt. Now, to get you to use that treadle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Vickie, I was intrigued by just the name - Pineapple Snowmen blocks. I can hardly wait to see those. Maybe I missed a sneak peak.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Vicki! Congrats to you, and that barn quilt looks FABULOUS in your front hall/entry way. It is just the perfect size for your quilt holder. Your runners look great, and I hope you have fun with your friend tomorrow! Happy Monday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the leaf backgrounds you used for your tablerunners! Those are going to sell very quickly, I think! Great barn quilt win - it's perfect for that spot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am thrilled to see where you hung the Barn Quilt - it was like I made it just for that spot. My Halloween version will be coming out soon and I just may hang it over my treadle machine -- thanks for the idea. And...I am in love with your runners, they are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html