Friday, August 24, 2018

Pineapple snowman

Pineapples are so sweet and delicious right?  But I think this cutie is pretty sweet too!


Remember when I made THIS pineapple snowman wall hanging using a pattern from The Cottage Rose?  These snowmen are made using the mini pineapple ruler from Creative Grids(not affliated with them).  Ever since then, I thought about how it would look to make a larger snowman for each end of a runner using the large pineapple ruler. 


Tuesday a friend came over and she dug in my neutral scrap bin and pressed and cut for me while I sewed these 8 snowman blocks.  So awesome to have a wonderful friend that wants to come play with my scraps while we have a good time catching up on chit chat.   Ok I confess I only had 8 bodies sewn when she left mid afternoon, but I carried on and by nightfall I had them all this far.


















Wednesday morning I got right to work on making them into 4 table runners.  By noon I had them all pieced!!   After refueling with a quick lunch I quilted and bound them.  After dinner I scurried right back into the quilting room and sewed on the buttons for eyes and snowflakes.  The scarf ties are appliqued on as well as the felt noses.  Oh I had so much fun making these and so happy with the results!  And to think I used some scraps(snowmen)!!


I am only going to show you the one runner as they are all identical.  As I was quilting the border on the first one, I told myself you are not going to do all the borders the same, it seemed like a lot of work.  BUT, it looked so cool I turned right around and did the second one the same, LOL.  It went so much faster since I knew exactly what to do and where to place the rulers etc.

Here it is as I was working with it on my Nolting Funquilter.  The tools I used were a couple of curved ones I just bought from Deloa Jones, the nested circles from Quilters rule, and my school chalk for making tick marks in the center of each border.  I centered the first arc in the middle of the border and then went out to the side with two more arcs.  Next came centering a larger arc on the end of the runner and then filling in with the partial circle one in the corner.  And repeat for all the borders.  BTW, the yellow chalk holder I have had for a long time, but I think, I got it at either Staples or Walmart. 

This runner is now in my Etsy shop.

Linking with Sarah, MyraBrookeAlycia and Cynthia

24 comments:

  1. I went right to the Etsy shop and it isn't there :( I hope that means another lucky person beat me to it but if not...then it should come live with me! So much to love about this runner, especially the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting finishes these cute snowmen perfectly! I love your border work. Great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting is so beautiful! I especially love the border. Who knew pineapples and snowmen went together go well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, these are so cute! You two were very productive, and obviously make a good team! Love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you did that border treatment four times. It's really super! Your snowmen have such quizzical little faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness!!
    divine!!
    love your runner - so cute!
    the quilting is stunning!!
    wow!

    thanks so much for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are something else! I can't believe how fast you work! Love, love your quilting and of course...the snowmen are adorable! Please rest now...you make us all look like slackers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pineapple snowmen are so adorable! I love how the different shades of white you used make the "snowballs" so interesting! I think I might need to invest in one of those rulers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a productive day! And a very pretty quilting design too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicki! This is SOOOO cool. The snowmen themselves are great but the quilting. That puts it over the top! I especially love the corners, how the smaller arcs meet the bigger ones. Aren't you having fun coming up with some new designs to offer this fall/winter?! It sure looks like it, and we get to enjoy the ride too. Happy Friday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute runners. I was supposed to get in my sewing room today, but, surprises happened, and I didn't get anywhere near it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute and festive looking. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your table runner and the quilting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so cute! Beautiful work and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Using a pineapple block for the base of your snowman is a brilliant idea. They are adorable. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I'm the Shadow Woman, you're the Runner Queen! More great runners with wonderful quilting Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's always fun to see what you are working on! Love mr. snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you are going to give one of your four runners to that marvelous friend who did all the cutting and pressing for you?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had fun catching up on your blog today. (Happy Belated Anniversary!) Your table runners are all amazing. From the leaves to the 60* triangles to the pineapple snowmen. Your Giraffe is super cute too. What gorgeous quilting on all of them as well.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html