Saturday, June 15, 2019

Clicking off the UFO's

When you finish one project you might have a tendency to look around your sewing room and see what UFO or WIP needs attention next.  In my case I had parts of green trees still sitting out on my sewing counter.  These were leftovers from tree runners I had made last fall.














So I cleaned up the mess and the result were three tree table runners.  The timing couldn't have been more appropriate.  The pattern for this runner is from a Quilt A long that Heather Mulder Peterson from Anka's Treasures had a few years ago.  The pattern for the runner was just for participants but you can find a tree quilt in one of her books.  Back to the timing...I met Heather on Thursday at the MN quilt show.  She is the MN quilter of the year!  She is such a sweet person.  I have loved her work for a long time so it was fun to actually get to chat with her a bit.  If you have been reading my blog a while you might remember that I thought I saw her and her boys on a bike trail near where she lives a couple years ago.  After the fact I emailed her and yep it was indeed her, she remembered because they had asked about our Terra Trikes.



I am glad to have that little space of my counter cleared off.  Will it stay that way, I doubt it.  I seem to work just fine in chaos.  Sure I would love to have one of those rooms where everything has a place and it is in it's place all the time.  Preferable behind closed cabinet doors.  I think I used to have that but I have long since outgrown my sewing room.  You would think I would have learned a lesson by now...stop buying more!!!  Perhaps I need to just sew faster!   What project should I work on next?

Linking with Tish for UFO Busting and Cynthia for Oh Scrap



17 comments:

  1. You're getting a head start on your craft show items. These are beautiful and will be so pretty at Christmas time. Hopefully your empty spot will stay empty for an hour or two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a nice time at the show! Such a silly question on what to work on next....a table runner of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those table runners look really great good idea to get them made up immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, finishing up those UFOs! I have those kinds of messes, too - but I don't think they'd turn into anything as pretty as those tablerunners! I really like those stripey trees - such a good way to make a simple tree shape look interesting and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun finish and fun to meet Heather as you were completing these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great and thrifty way to use up leftovers. I love how the trees are all different sizes it makes the runner modern and interesting. I wish I was as organised.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so funny; you don't work in that much chaos -- I've been there and have witnessed your chaos. Oh wait, maybe you cleaned up just for me - hahaha. Anyway, my sweet friend, I love the runners. It's so fun that you were able to meet Heather and chat for a bit. Just keep gathering more, at the rate you churn it out, it will all even out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki! How cool that you could meet and chat with Heather. I love this pattern and the table runners look very festive. The different greens you used in the trees add a touch of reality, and is a great use of strips. I'll bet that these will sell well. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stop buying more and sew faster? Definitely words to live by! Sounds like advice that I could apply to my quilting, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your three tree table runners! I'm sure you will find something else to work on soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the chaos too. Great job turning those leftovers into lovely projects. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was great to make three finished projects from leftovers and clear off the counter! Whatever you choose next will be equally wonderful, I'm sure. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess it doesn't matter how big the room is, or how good the storage. If it's all put away neat and tidy, that means no sewing is happening! Or at least that the last thing that happened in the room was CLEANING. Yuck. Your trees look great and now there's room to start something else :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute idea for the trees. you are the table runner queen. haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are great Vicki. Wish I could get some UFO's finished! I seem to start new projects more than I finish old ones, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The table runner are lovely! Well done with finishing UFO-s.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  17. We're supposed to fit everything in our sewing room? That will never happen! I have stuff on 3 levels (and I'm not talking sewing machines).

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html