Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Trying Something New

I tried a new to me pattern yesterday.  It was 'sew' much fun!  A Tuffet pincushion, how stinking cute is this!!


These fabrics, of course, are the wonderful Island Batiks;)  These were sent to me by Island Batik for use in our monthly challenges.  This month the challenge is to try a new technique or pattern.  I knew that I had several scraps of paisley dots left so I chose my favorite colors.  You don't need much fabric to make this little guy.  These are my absolutely favorite colors. 



I needed a piece of thin wood from DH's stash, no problem he had a small piece for me to make a 3 inch circle.  In fact I had everything on hand I needed to make it up.  Only took a few hours. I would have been done a little sooner if I had read the pattern thoroughly before beginning to cut out the fabric:(   But it doesn't matter now because I just love the finished tuffet!!  



 Little wooden balls for the feet. I used this light green Aurifil thread for the piecing.  I love looking down at the top of this cutie patootie!


This button came home with me from Arizona.  In fact a couple bags of buttons came home with me, they were only $1 for a big bag.  And they had lots of black buttons in there for snowman eyes;)  As I was getting ready for the needed button on the tuffet I spotted them and saw this one that was perfect for it.   The tuffet pattern can be found HERE.



All ready to sew, in a couple days.  First I need to attend the MN quilt show Thursday and Friday.  I will have time to sew on Saturday because DH has a meeting to attend. 


                                                         
Here is a list of all of the creative and talented Island Batik Ambassadors.  They would love it if you visited their blogs too:)  You are sure to be inspired!



Linking with:

23 comments:

  1. That is really cute! I love it when I have everything on hand when I want to make a project. And what could be more fun than a big bag of buttons??

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute idea for a pin cushion did you get the little feet and things as a kit and pick out your fabric from the batiks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too too cute!! I really like the big tuffets, and now there's a tiny one. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sew cute! Have fun at the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Vicki! That is one stinkin' cute pincushion. I adore its little wooden feet! Have fun at the quilt show and then even more fun sewing with all the new ideas you pick up! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like it was fun to make, and you can use it everyday! How is the fabric part attached to the wood - glue? Have a great time at the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mini tuffet is adorbs, Vicki!!! Too cute! Have fun at the quilt show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute! Your 'try something new' project is a big win. I see many pins and needles sticking out of that little tuffet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen those tuffet pincushions and the larger foot stool ones for years. I always thought they were cute, but since I have so many pincushions already as it is, I never made one. Yours in great in batiks and I love those colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is adorable, my sister and I did that size and resized the pattern and did larger ones, love them. Yours turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet, wee little tuffet!! Just big enough for a fairy to put her feet up :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, so cute!!! Great colors, and what fun! And super cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a cute pincushion and looks like a fun technique. Thanks for reminding me about it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. And I am back---thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet, a tuffet pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! You and I have the same favorite colors. :) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute! I've seen lots of the full size tuffets around here, but I don't have a place to put a huge tuffet. It would be fun to make a little pincushion sized one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool Colors + cute cushion = win win!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html