Tuesday, August 25, 2020

To Do Tuesday #29

I have been MIA for a couple of Tuesdays. We were out on a little adventure, more on that later.

So where did we leave off, oh yes I was making the covers for the camp chairs we carry in the ATV.  I got both of them done in two days.  Of course the first one was the hardest since I had no pattern. But with DH's input and my sister in laws photos of the ones she made, we came up with a good one we think.  These are made from waterproof canvas I bought from Amazon.  They close up pretty good by using wide velcro, also from amazon. We hope they will keep our chairs from getting all dusty or wet.

I was happy to make more masks for my daughter in law since she is in the office and has clients coming in now.  Our son also asked for a black mask.  I made him one all black and one a dark gray.  They love how these fit.  He has been working from home since March but was going to a meeting with others and needed one.  He said he noticed that everyone else's masks didn't seem to fit them nearly as good as his:)  I'll be happy to make him more if he needs.



I had taken some sewing along with me on the adventure, but I didn't get a lot done.  I started making leaf blocks, you don't get far when you don't pack all the supplies/fabric:(  But we did get a lot of ATVing in with lots and lots of mud puddles to hit:0  And we did some relaxing kayaking. This was our view all week.



However, on the last afternoon at camp my hubby stepped into a pothole at the campsite and rolled his foot.  Hmmm I think he needed to go to ER but he insisted we go home the next day as planned. So he hobbled around and we got the kayaks and ATV in the toy hauler and he was able to drive home even though it was his right foot.  With a shoe on for support it was tolerable.  I was fretting I was going have to pull a 40 ft camper home.   I finally convinced him to go to the clinic here.  They said to go straight to the walk in orthopedic clinic, ha we didn't even know there was such a thing!  The X ray revealed he broke the 5th metatarsal bone.  They gave him a boot and crutches. Summer is over and Fall is going to be very long!  The Dr yesterday told him surgery is optional because of where the break is. But with surgery it will heal quicker so I think that is where he is leaning. He has to decide in a couple days. They were thinking surgery on Friday perhaps.  We got his far in life with out either of us, or our kids breaking a bone so that part is fortunate.

So I will be chauffeur for the next several weeks and gofer...go for this and go for that, LOL I don't know how much I will get done.  I do have two orders to fill for Etsy and knit a sweater for Cheri for sure.  Anything else is icing on the cake;)

Linking with To Do Tuesday.  And hoping you all had a great week!



16 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your husband and his broken bone. Hopefully he will heal quickly and you both can resume life as you know it. Great job on the covers for your chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about DH's break! Keep on sewing, Vicki. I enjoyed reading your fiber update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you two have been able to have some fun before all this happened. Hope you can sneak in some sewing between caring for him, and I hope he opts for the surgery so he can heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've been having fun. Rolled my ankle bad years ago and didn't go in for a week--when it was still swollen and black and blue. Was told it was just a bad sprain but to this day it is still stiff and has a bit of a lump there. I should have gone in right away (I think whatever I did/tore, started healing and didn't show so much.) Kudos to him for getting in there and hope he heals well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so sorry to hear about your DH's break! I'm glad he was able to tolerate making it home and doing the driving. Prayers that his surgery goes well and that he heals well and quickly. Life does seem to hand us new challenges!
    Wondering about the pattern you are using for masks. I keep being tempted to buy the Creative Grids template.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear of hubby's broken bone in his foot! I hope the recovery goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that is not a fun ending to what looks like a really nice getaway, otherwise! I thought the same thing back in 2016 when I broke my wrist - getting all the way to age 62 without breaking anything (or my kids or hubby) is pretty good. The chair covers you made look great! Have a good week - maybe you'll need some waiting room embroidery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki! Oh no. I am so sorry to hear about DH's foot. Ouch. I can see why he would hesitate about the surgery but if it will heal faster and better then the decision is almost made for you. {{Hugs}} I'm certain you'll be a fabulous gofer. Your chair covers turned out fab! Does each cover hold one chair? Is this to keep them clean in the off-season, or do you use the covers on the road, too? Just curious! Thanks for linking up and I'll be thinking of you two. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, no! Poor hubby. That sounds so painful and certainly inconvenient. Rats! I'm glad you were able to do most of the fun parts of your vacay before the Great Foot Incident happened. Remind me again which mask pattern you're using? I'm sorry if I asked you that before; it seems like I've looked at 800 different mask tutorials :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry your trip ended with an awful mishap. I am glad you did get most of your vacation in and it wasn't more serious. Surgery is sensible; being gopher less fun. Well, at least there is quilting in between to keep you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, dear -- so sorry to hear about your husband's foot injury! Aren't men just like that, though? My husband never wants to go to the doctor for anything, either. He recently all but severed the tip of one of his fingers, probably should have gotten it cleaned and stitched up at Urgent Care but NO, Mister Tough Guy just wrapped it up with Band-Aids and then wants me to simultaneously feel sorry for him while also admiring his stoicism... I'm glad you had a nice and restful adventure before the accident. Hope all goes well with the surgery and that his healing will be swift! Also those protective bags you made for your chairs are fantastic, very professional looking as well as functional.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's foot and I wouldn't want to drive a 40 foot camper home! Sounds like you had a great time before that happened. I'm been making more masks for family also. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, your poor husband, he must have a high pain tolerance to do all of that with a broken bone. Love your case you made for your chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had a beautiful view for your adventure. I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's broken foot. I hope he heals well and quickly...for both your sakes LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope hubby's foot heals quickly. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope he heals quickly. And you will be the best gofer :-) Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html