Friday, October 16, 2020

Christmas Pure and Simple

I'm still on a panel kick. This one had several small pictures with it.  First I trimmed up the main part of the panel into a size that worked for me. Then I trimmed up four of the small pictures that I wanted to use in this wall hanging. The flying geese were made using two of the dies from my Accuquilt 8" cube and fabrics from my stash. 


The blue border was the first thing that was added to the panel. This was made to bring it up to a size that worked with everything else, yes some math was involved, thank goodness for calculators!  All the fabrics were from my stash and I had to do a bit of digging to find the right shade of blue.  I only had a fat quarter of the perfect blue so I pieced a few strips to make it work. Since I only wanted four of the small pic's I added the red fabric for spacers. And then the flying geese were tamed into their position.


Once the green stripe border was added to pull it all together it was whisked away to my quilting machine.  Using Glide thread and Hobbs 80/20 batting I made quick progress on this wall hanging that measures just under 37 x 32".


Diagonal lines in the small pictures. And the flying geese were all stitched in one continuous line. The green stripe border said it wanted simple piano keys, so I followed the darker green stripe stitching on every fourth one. Adding a red polka dot tone on tone binding finished this one up. Then it was lined up for a photo shoot and listing on Etsy.


Linking with Finished or not Friday, Can I get a whoop whoop, Put Your Foot DownOff the wall FridayPeacock Party

11 comments:

  1. I like how this turned out, Vicki. It looks great. You are really using up your stash lately. Hmm. We might need a fabric acquisition day . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki! What a cute panel. The addition of the flying geese in just the perfect colors make it seem like they were meant to be there. I love the swirls/hooks in the main panel area. It really finished off lovely and I suspect it will sell in no time. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. turn out so well - the quilting really adds to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow - this is amazing! that blue strip really brings out the center panel - love how color makes things pop!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a sweet finish, Vicki! I think your custom quilting is what really makes the panel and your additional blocks shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this quilt and the saying on it, Christmas Pure ad Simple. You did a great job with the piecing and the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done a great job making everything fit together so nicely. Love your FMQ too, a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What caught my eye on this piece was its asymmetry. Very creative layout. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! You did great with the reconstruction on the panel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful Christmas quilt. Everything dances together beautifully, to the chorus of a Christmas carol. The nativity panel makes me smile. Actually everything about this quilt makes me smile. Love the sentiment too. A most glorious finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! You've done a great job with all the panels, but this might be my favorite ... at least, until the next one! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html