Friday, October 9, 2020

Holiday Cheer Panel

 On Tuesday I promised you a post for this Holiday Cheer panel, my second panel I finished last week. This panel had small coordinating pictures that  I wanted included in this wall hanging. I had made up this panel before so I just went with the same layout to make things quick and easy.  The first border I added was the solid cherry red fabric, everything inside of that is the pre printed panel.  The next thing I did was find the common measurement for all the small pictures.  Once that was done I could add on some of the green polka dot fabric in 1.5" spacer to get to the measurements I wanted. After those were all attached I could add on the chunky polka dot ends to make that unit long enough to fit.  


And off to quilt it with hook swirls in the center.



Slanted lines on the small pictures.


The Polka dots received a simple stipple, while the red border wanted loops.  The wonky squares on the panel received some, well, wonky square quilting:0


You can see the quilting better on the back. 












12 comments:

  1. You do the cutest things with panels. Fun to see your quilting, and I love the photo with the quilt on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki! What a fun finish for Friday. It's making me long for the season that will be here before you know it. Ooh, it looks so nice on the back with all the different quilting patterns. It's a really nice size wall hanging! You did a great job. Happy Friday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is just so cute!! kinda makes me even ready to start Christmas - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely! Your quilting is always so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I really love the green and red dots on light green background fabric - a perfect addition to all the fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute!! The quilting really makes it, in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This panel is adorable as well as all the Christmas fabrics prints in the wall hanging. Your quilting is awesome. It’s easy to get into the Christmas spirit with this finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Panels can be tricky! You rocked this one! So cute! Love the double hanging sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another cute panel quilt! Are you at all sad that you don't have your craft shows this year? You are so busy with your Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun holiday quilt, and so very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html