Tuesday, November 17, 2020

To Do Tuesday #41

 How is it possible that the week flew by but the year seem so long.  We all seem to be in a strange place this year, where would we be without our sewing therapy. Each week several of us have been setting goals for ourselves, sometimes we achieve them and sometimes we get thrown off the path. Let's see how I did with that.

Last week I had these goals.

1. Knit more on the sock.✅
My evenings this week consisted of knitting time.  I knit over half of the sock this week!  The pink stripes yarn was given to me by a friend, there was only one skein so I mixed in a heather dark gray.  I thought it wouldn't be a pretty sock, but I love it.  I only have to kitchner the toe.  Now to get one that looks like it's mate might be tricky.  If it doesn't match exactly I am okay with that, it's only a sock afterall.

2. Work on a UFO or two 
This quilt was started sometime in 2019, I just can't remember when exactly.  I used this HRT tutorial from Bonjour Quilts which I have used a few times before for table runners.  The prints were from a Sundrops jolly bar. I added the green with white polka dots as the contrast along with yellow, gray and coral solids for the center of each diamond.  All of the HRT's were made and paired up when I put it away in 2019. So it came a long way last week!  Now it is back in the closet until I decide on the borders. I have a pretty coral polka dot that ties in, but I think I need a gray for a small border first.  One would think I would have a gray in my stash, but none seem to be the right color. 

This flimsy just needed off my design wall and all it needed was to have the rows joined. So that was pretty quick.  It is more of a WIP since it never got put away, LOL.  Although these were also HRT's, I made them using the Creative Grids HRT ruler that I purchased this summer after seeing Jayne's quilts she made using them.  I love using the ruler, everything matched up nicely.  This flimsy will make a great donation quilt someday. 


3. Most likely a few more table runners will need to be whipped up 
Yes indeed these needed to be replaced in the shop. Why only make one at a time when you can do two!  When cutting it sometimes is just about as quick to cut for two of the same because you have the fabric out. So that is what I did.  It also makes sense for when I do the applique since I have the machine threaded for that color thread.


That's it for my week.  What to accomplish this week... I need more Gnome runners, and I want to make myself and my DIL some Christmas/winter masks.  Also leaving space open for any more runners I might need to make. 

Let's join in the cheerleading parade for our goals at To Do Tuesday.  I am wishing you all a very productive week. 

10 comments:

  1. There are so many different shades and tones of gray they can be really hard to match sometimes. Looks like it's time to go fabric shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Vicki - where would we be without our sewing therapy?! I love your two quilt tops - bright and colorful! I'd like to try that HRT ruler, too - should get one. Glad to hear you're continuing to sell lots of the tablerunners, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a cute sock - I really do need to get busy and teach myself how to do it - I have the yarn and the needles and even a pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how your sock turned out. That's a good idea to remember when I have only one skein of sock yarn, to add a second color to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you know why I usually make 2 of most things. It doesn't take much longer than making one thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everybody is knitting but me! :o( Cuuute sock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those socks are going to be fun. I cannot knit, okay I knit just a little - socks boggle my brain, so I'll leave that to you creatives who can. I like the colors in that UFO and your rectangle quilt is perfect for a donation quilt! You've been having fun over there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that first UFO. I'll be checking out the tute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh that green HDRT UFO looks lovely. I need to put HRT ruler on my Christmas list.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html