Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Outstanding Blogger Award

I was reading my usual blogs I follow Monday morning and discovered that Diann from Little Penquin Quilts blog had nominated me for the Outstanding Blogger Award!  I was beyond thrilled to bits!! I have followed Diann for a long time, as quilters we inspire each other. Thanks Diann!


The Outstanding Blogger Award is given one blogger to another. It’s a way of supporting and acknowledging one another. As an award recipient, I get to answer some questions which Diann asked. And then I get to nominate some blogs I enjoy.


  • What got you started on your blogging journey?  I read other quilt blogs for a couple years before I jumped in.  It's a way to document what I have made.  Unknown to me that I would have followers and I would meet other quilters in the process.  Sometimes I have met them in person after chatting through our blogs for some time. I started blogging Dec. 25th of 2009.
  • What's your proudest accomplishment as a quilter?  There are two answers for this.  One being that I am so proud that I have learned how to longarm quilt (16 years now).  The second that I have two successful Etsy shops(links on my right side bar). It's such a thrill that total strangers that have never seen nor felt my quilting in person buys it from my online shop. 

  • What makes you laugh the most?  My husband, every day I think he feels it is his duty to make me chuckle about something silly. 
  • What's the best quilty gift you were ever given?  Tons of fabric.  Several people, over the years, have given me fabric to be used for donation quilts.  I appreciate that so much, it keeps me being able to give comfort to others.
  • What's on your quilty bucket list?  Going to the big quilt shows. Two years ago I went to Road To California.  I have been to Paducah Kentucky for Quilt Week in the spring. I would love to go to Houston's Quilt Festival in the fall some year. 

I would like to Nominate: 

Kathleen at Kathleen McMusing

Jennifer at The Inquiring Quilter

Emily at The Darling Dogwood

Connie at Free Motion By The river

Cheree at The Morning Latte

If you don't want to participate that's okay, just know that I love reading your blog!  If you want to participate please consider answering these questions so we get to know you a bit better. And then choose who you would like to nominate.

  • Do you like having a deadline or do you work better when you are not underpressure?
  • Are you one who likes taking classes or do you enjoy figuring out how to do it on your own?
  • What is your favorite snack?
  • What is your first memory of learning how to sew?
  • Have you ever taught someone how to quilt?
  • What was your least favorite quilt you ever made?



13 comments:

  1. That's exciting! Congratulations! You do have a wonderful blog and it's no surprise that people enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I knew you'd get nominated. Always fun to read your blog and see what's flying out the doors of your shops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you've been blogging since 2009 and a long-armer for so long! No wonder you're so good at it! I think your shop is impressive, too, and all that you do for the fall craft shows. Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun reading all your answers, Vicki!!! I'm glad I've gotten to meet you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to learn more about you bloggers! You all inspire and teach me!
    Congrats to you Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is not surprising...you deserve it! Love reading the questions and answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki! What a fun post and big congrats to you. I agree that you deserve the award. It was interesting to read you answers and I look forward to reading the responses of your nominees. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the nomination! I love reading your answers and that your husband makes you laugh every day...for me it is the dog. Thanks so much for this fun post and really, thank you for the nomination. I am glad you enjoy my blog, as I do yours. Now to begin answering and nominate a few folks...see you in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to read a little more about your quilting journey! May you have many more happy, productive quilt blogging years ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! on the honor. Of course.. I love reading about your quilting adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Vicki. Nice to learn a bit more about you after all this time too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading more about your quilting path. And that was quite the surprise for me at the end! Thank you so much for the nomination! I look forward to answering your questions and nominating more excellent quilt bloggers!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html