Monday, March 29, 2021

Iris Quilt

You have been getting teased a little with glimpses of this project here and there as I have worked on it off and on for the past couple months.  But here is the completed top of this lap quilt.  The pattern is The Iris Quilt by Kitchen Table Quilting.  Please excuse my poor photo. I had this all folded up, thought I had taken photos and then when I started to write this post I found I had not taken them.  I don't have access to my big ironing board right now or I would have repressed it.


This is an easy strip pieced quilt, pieced on the diagonal, using a jelly roll. But I really think it could be fun in all scraps too!  I still need to trim the edges so it will be a 59" x 69" rectangle, but that will wait until I have access to my kitchen island and my big cutting mat. No hurry to get this finished up, so it will just rest on a shelf until it is next in line to get done.  I have enjoyed my journey in getting this jelly roll used up:) well, there are a few scraps to add to the scrap bin.

A couple of future goals for me are to think up projects for two fun blog hops I am joining in.  Plus I might work on a panel for the panel challenge!  It's gonna be a busy April I think. 



2 comments:

  1. That is a pretty design, Vicki! The great thing about a jelly roll is that colors and fabrics all coordinate. It will be fun to see what you do for those blog hops, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty quilt, Vicki. The colors are very cheery :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html