Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Holiday table runner using panel blocks

 If you follow me you know that I love working with panels.  And I do have a number of them and I wanted to just play one day.  After looking through most (I thought) of them I picked out a piece that had several coordinating blocks, Holiday Homecoming for Henry Glass. What could be better than snowflakes and snowmen.  

After picking three of the blocks and squaring them up I added the gray thin border to bring them up to the size I could work with for the flying geese units.  For these large geese units I used the Fons and Porter flying geese ruler. It worked great for that. 


For the corners of the flying geese units I made a gingham four patch unit.  Put all three blocks together and you have yourself a table runner ready to quilt.


As for the quilting-a little fun custom for this beauty was in order. 


And did you see what I did for the binding...red and black check to match the snowman's coat!


You might want to check back in a couple days to see what I did with three more of the blocks from the same panel!  Can ya tell I was having a bit of fun??

As a GO! Getter for Accuquilt I am to let you know about an event for today, Tuesday June 29th.  Join AccuQuilt hosts Pam and Erica as they explore pairing different size GO! Qubes and Companions to expand your design possibilities in this Mix & Match Event. You do need to sign up in order to be eligible for prizes. If you don't have a GO but are interested in them, you might want to just watch to see what can be done with these. Sign up HERE.



Linking with:



12 comments:

  1. Just lovely! Happy Sewing from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This table runner is wonderful! It’s a great way to sew with a panel of blocks that can be separated. It’s fun to design around them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great way to use up parts of a panel! The colors you chose to go with the star centers are really pretty. Looks like you had some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another genious project from Vicki! And using my favorite snowman...swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your use of panels - I have rarely ever gotten them as the ones I have gotten end up being very crooked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You come up with such cool ideas - this is great, Vicki! Are you keeping this one, or is it already sold?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great use of a panel! I usually do placemats or wall hangings but this runner is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful runner. I wouldn't have even know you used a panel if you hadn't said something. Those are tiny panels. Doe you sell your Christmas runners this soon in your shop or do people tend to wait until at least fall to buy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous use of the panel sections! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great way to feature those cute panels, Vicki!!! And awesome quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vicki! Well, isn't that just so stickin' cute?!! You shared a lot of great tips on how to make the most of a very fab panel. I do look forward to seeing your next runner. All of the gingham you incorporated looks great and, of course, your quilting! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your panel runners are adorable! I love all of the fabrics you used. Great finishes!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html