Friday, June 18, 2021

One UFO scoots away

Last weekend I quilted two UFOs and yesterday got one of them bound. This is a free pattern called Scooter by Lindsey Weight.  I don't have a good excuse as to why this became a UFO for so long except I didn't take time to get it done.  It wasn't a priority back then and wasn't now except to help clean out that closet one UFO at a time, so I can put more in, ya know!!!  Well it made me feel a teensy better to make that little space. 


I certainly could have just did a quick all over quilting design but I thought it would be fun to do a little custom quilting on it.  


A piano key type quilting in the outer border, with straight lines in the white sashing. The squares received an orange peel while the rectangles got wishbones.  

A perfect backing was found in my stash;)  The yellow with grey dots had been hanging out in my stash about as long as this flimsy was!  Notice I didn't say how long that was.  The yellow wasn't quite wide enough so I added in a grey polka dot stripe.  


I'll share a couple of my pretty flowers...this lupine was purple in previous years and this year it turned pink!  The purple tiny petunia like flower in this pot I picked up at an Amish greenhouse, it is really growing nice.



And to the right of the lupine are my Calla Lilies, there are now three of them open. They always look so tropical I love them! 


And in the flower bed by the pond is this really dark purple iris, it is so regal looking.  


Linking with




19 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish! It's beautiful, perfect backing and I love the bicycle fabric. Pretty flowers too. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute finish! Love the extra time you gave to the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fun, Vicki! I love the colors and fabric, especially the bicycles! Is it a line of fabric? Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the UFO finish! Your flowers are so pretty! I've seen posts from up by Duluth showing lupines that are deep pink rather than purple. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great design, congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are gorgeous! Love your finish. The bicycle fabric is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki! Oh, your flowers look so pretty. I absolutely LOVE irises and especially calla lilies. Do you have to dig out your calla lilies at the end of the season? I think you do, so I've shied away from them . . . but they are so beautiful. Your UFO finish is fabulous. That bicycle fabric is sweet and your quilting looks great. Nice job and more room in that closet. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet quilt and gorgeous flowers, Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your custom quilting and the overall look of that quilt. The flowers are gorgeous, too. Competition for the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. its a perfect Finish!! I really like your fabric combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on a quilt finish, with such nice custom quilting! Thanks for the link to the pattern. Maybe I'll be inspired to finish some of the UFOs cluttering up my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your finish. . I feel exactly the same way about finishing a UFO. . .making space for another to fill it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a terrific little quilt! UFO finishes are especially sweet! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job getting that UFO across the finish line. It looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice quilting!!! Fun free pattern! Ohhh, those flowers! I love irises. I've seen entire fields of calla lilies--they are so beautiful. I'd love to grow some in our garden...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute finish, Vicki! Your flowers are looking great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! Sometimes all the motivation you need is just "get it out of the closet!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sure glad you finished that Scooter quilt because it is adorable. Thanks for sharing your flower photos. Do you dig up the calla lily to over-winter?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html