Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Repeat finishes


There are a few table runners in my Etsy shop that are just more popular than others.  When I sell them I turn around and make more.  Often I use the exact same fabrics as that makes it easy to use spare parts leftover or I might have just bought a bunch of that fabric in anticipation. 

For example I might have only started with a yard or two and if the table runner sells fast I might go out and buy several more yards.  That is what happened with the border fabric in this turkey runner, it is just perfect to coordinate with fall colored batik feathers.  This runner make look just like others I have made, but this one was actually finished up on Friday.  

I tend to cut out a lot of feathers at one time so those fabrics are used over and over too.  The same quilting design is used on each turkey runner also.  That way I don't have to think what design should I do each time.


  




Here is another example of the same scenario... Sunflower runner.  This one was finished up on Monday. 


There is some major house cleaning happening for the next couple days as Saturday I am hosting my local longarm group.  I didn't get to go to the July meeting and then of course there was Covid so there were no meetings for ages.  It sure will be nice to see them again. 

I hope to sneak in a little quilting time in between the cleaning to make my days more fun!




10 comments:

  1. nice fall runners - yes seeing as you are selling and you have something that sells and you want to make them I would make more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of those runners! Dresden Plates are so versatile. I did one in red/white/black a few years ago for a gift and had such fun arranging the different sizes of "plates". And I made one with purple and yellow as a charity project too. But these fall colors - Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table runners are always so pretty. What do they say???? If it ain't broke don't fix it? Well, if it works then don't change it. Hope you are having nice weather where you are... we are having a little break in the heat. It is currently 3pm and only 79 degrees. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why those would be popular, Vicki! I've always loved the turkeys, but now those sunflowers are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love your quilting on the sunflower runner, Vicki!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love sunflowers and that runner is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki! I think that border fabric for the turkey runners is just perfect. It matches so nicely and yet it doesn't scream Thanksgiving. It's a nice fall design. How nice that you get to host your longarm friends! Enjoy and take care. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful runners no wonder they sell out fast. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun, beautiful way to use the Dresden block as a sunflower! Adding the curvy vines really adds a lovely touch. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html