Friday, December 10, 2021

Log Cabin Holly Leaves

Last Friday I showed the red batiks I was working with and here they are all finished.  It's always fun to try a new design.  This one was inspired by a tutorial from Connie at Free motion by the river blog.  I have wanted to try this design ever since she came out with it, but never got around to it.  I did change it up a bit.  First I decided to use all red and white for the log cabin where as Connie used a mix of red and green along with the white.  


The other thing I changed was the number of holly leaves in each corner from three to two and only one berry for each set of leaves. That makes for a lot less applique;)  Did you notice all of these fabrics are batik? 


As you can see in the photo above I kept the quilting simple in the white with a meander using white Glide thread.  The fun came in the red using a freehand holly leave and loops to represent the berries. This was done with a dark red Glide thread. 


I found a fun fabric in the stash for the backing. 


I hope you enjoyed seeing something new;)  I sure enjoyed making it.  

Linking with:




 

12 comments:

  1. This is so festive! And you quilting really kicks it up a notch or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you put the applique on after you do the quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Festive is definitely the word for this cute topper, Vicki! I love that you got such a Christmas-y effect with all the batiks, too. I'll have to remember that - I'm now getting low on things that read "Christmas!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple and yet so cute! Love that backing. The holly leaves really make the whole design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful topper. I love working with batiks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty! Love the fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the changes you made, Vicki! Gives it a solid look to feature a fun centerpiece on top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great adaptation of a very pleasing design. I love the meandering mixed with holly leaves and berries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Log Cabin Holly Leaves quilt is simply stunning, Vicki. Beautiful quilting. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet Christmas table topper, Vicki! Thanks for linking up with me for TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely table topper. Your choices always speak to me. I really like the red in the centers and the white on the outside.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html