Tuesday, April 5, 2022

What I am working on

In February I was on a roll doing some pattern designing/writing.  I struggle with getting the diagrams drawn up and into Word. One evening we called our son and asked him for his advice on what program I could use to make it easier for me.  I mentioned several people use Inkscape but I wasn't having much luck with it.  What a patient, smart son we have.  He must have spent an hour tutoring us.  I say us as we had him on speaker and both DH and I had our laptops with inkscape open and our son walked us through it.  Wow it was like a light bulb went off!!!  And I was drawing several diagrams for some new patterns.  I hope to release two more later this year. 

So here is a little teaser for you, I was able to quilt, bind and applique the project for the cover of the pattern.  I plan to release it on Friday. I hope you will come back to see the final product. 



Also there has been a little hand stitching while we were traveling.  Yes traveling, I will tell you more about that in later posts. This is 11th frosty I have stitched.  Melissa generously gave us patterns for 12 of these cute frosties.  


So my goals for this week are to finish up the pattern, finish unpacking, do a little more hand stitching. And somewhere in there a little quilting!  Gonna be a busy, but fun week!  

I will be linking up with lots of you creative people that set goals each week over at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do Tuesday.  


12 comments:

  1. isn't it nice having adult children (and maybe young ones) that can help through computer issues!! I have one daughter like that - too bad it isn't the one down the road road from me lol. Usually my husband can figure it all out - but sometimes not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always grateful when my kids can help me with tech stuff. I'm excited to see more of your new designs, too! And travel pics and stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very excited to see that red/white/blue design in it's entirety! Looks like something I would enjoy making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little frosty! Looking forward to hearing about the travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm intrigued with what appears to be a patriotic design. Your hand embroidery is pretty also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always appreciate when our kids help us figure something techy out, and it's not always easy to do! Congratulations on getting another pattern ready to release! I'll look forward to seeing what you've been working on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm intrigued by the pattern peek! Gotta love R&W&B!
    Those Frosty blocks looked like fun. I was tempted but already have 2 embroidery quilt sets in the works. So, I abstained! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki! Ooh, I look forward to seeing your new pattern. And Frosty! I've had those patterns on my mind lately. I've been meaning to get started on that project but I only seem to think about it when I'm at work. I'll be back - that is a threat, I guess. HAHA! {{Hugs}} a bunch. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just downloaded Inkscape and will give it a go. How wonderful of your son to walk you through it. We have a son like that too! Looking forward to your upcoming post about your trip.
    Thanks for linking your post to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute patriotic quilt! I'm excited for the pattern release! Smart son you have and great that he was such a help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful news about you and Inkscape. I use it, not very proficient, but getting better every day. Let me know If you ever need help, we can zoom and work on it. I help Kari Schell do her pattern writing class and feel better and better each time I use it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html