Wednesday, June 29, 2022

OMG-One Monthly Goal

 My goal for June was to get the two borders on this flimsy. I was able to do that this week!  Setting goals is a good thing to help push our projects forward, no matter if it is quilting or something else.  


Our Calla Lilies are blooming so nicely, there were 13 in bloom when I took this picture on Monday with at least two more to bloom. I like checking on these every morning as it seems the blossom stock shoots up a couple inches every night. The first one started off small and now it's so tall. I love these exotic flowers.  DH says they look like wedding flowers, so elegant.  I wouldn't mind having more colors.  I do have a bulb or two that is supposed to be yellow, but it's hasn't shown itself yet this year.  We saw it last year.  We do have to dig them up each fall and put in the basement but since there aren't many I don't mind. 

Patty at Elm Street Quilts hosts a monthly link party, OMG, at the beginning of the month for us to link our goal and at the end of the month to post that we met our goal.

Also linking with Wednesday Wait Loss


9 comments:

  1. those lilies are beautiful I have seen them in pink or yellow also I think. Love the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lilies are so very pretty. I have an orange day lily blooming right now, but by next week it will be done already. I love how you mixed the red stars with those string blocks. Mixing blocks can be so striking. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is a great design, Vicki! I love the red, black, and gray together. Congratulations on meeting your goal - getting those borders on is always a big job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting your goal done. The calla lillies are beautiful. I don’t do well gardening, but admire others that do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that quilt top a lot. It would be a great pattern for one of my veterans quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is neat, simple and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lilies are beautiful! I planted some this year for the first time and love them. Yes... setting goals is a great motivator. Your quilt top is beautiful. Is it blues or grays?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a pretty quilt! Love the colors you chose. Congrats on meeting your goal! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a striking quilt. Love the star strips!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html