Wednesday, August 2, 2023

EAA

This was my view last week. 


We spent a week in Oshkosh, WI to attend EAA(Experimental Aircraft Association) air show.  Oh my what an event, the amount of people, aircraft, campers, bikes, golf carts and ATV's was absolutely amazing. A full week of events from seminars to watching aircraft flying around and of course afternoon and evening airshows.  The hubby likes to attend the events and I liked staying in the camper happily sewing away! I did go up to see exhibits a couple of mornings with him and the evening air shows. But for the most part I could see lots of aircraft flying as they flew out past us campers. 


This is just a very, very small portion of campers there for the show. We camped in the section where we could use generators so that we could use the air conditioner if needed, it was needed a couple times. Usually I just had the fan on but that also needed electricity from the generator as well as my sewing machine and iron!  Campers were close together with no real designated spot, once you checked in at the gate you drove around to find a spot you wanted to park. We met a very nice couple from Iowa that were parked just across from us. We spent a late afternoon chatting with them, some might call that happy hour;)  She had done some quilting in the past so we chatted about that, she was a bit envious of me sewing in the camper each day. I usually had the big gate of the camper down and as people went buy they would see me sewing away! A couple of them had to ask what I was making. 


These guys flew many, many times and boy do they get loud, but also very graceful looking at times.  It's very hard to get a good pic of them as they speed by, hubby pulled this from a video he took.


Here is a short video of one aircraft for you. 



During my sewing time there I worked on my Gobble it Up table runners. 
Many wedges sewn across the short ends...


turned into 200 turkey feathers...


Which turned into 10 Gobble it Up table runners. These are from my pattern which is in my Etsy pattern shop HERE.  



Linking with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss


10 comments:

  1. love the wedges you are making - the colors are great. That looks like more people camping then I like LOL - I have never used my sewing machine with the generator. Looks like you had fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun that you can go to an event with your hubby like this where he can do whatever he wants and so can you! That's a lot of turkey feathers - but they make such cute runners. I bet they sell well! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you can both enjoy the parts of the event that you want. The colors in those turkey runners are perfect. Can't wait to see them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely time it looks like you had. When I was growing up we would see the airshow at the Reading PA airport, always a blast. Fun fact - the airfield in Stanton MN was owned by my husband's uncle, Malcolm Manuel. My husband did do some flying there...a long time ago. I hope to see it next time we go to MN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicki! Nice shots from the EAA. That video is really cool. Two hundred turkey feathers . . . yowza, that's a lot. I'll bet you feel accomplished, as you should?! That pile looks like they are all ready to layer and quilt. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the perfect vacation to me...camping and sewing! You got a nice photo and video of the EAA action. I love the fabrics in the turkey feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool event, Vick!!! So fun you could sew your way through it, too!!! Love those turkey colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of turkey feathers! The view you had while sewing was awesome! I really enjoy air shows, too. Glad it was a fun event for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful way to spend the week! I love airplanes, and I can just imagine sewing along and stopping every once in a while to see them as they flew past. Perfect heaven to me. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/02/wednesday-wait-loss-339

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that sounds like an amazing time!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html