Monday, September 11, 2023

Fall is in the air

Does it have the feeling of fall where you live. It does here, you can just feel it in the air almost.  I am knee deep in creating fall table runners and wall hangings. I'll share a couple today.


Here is the panel itself...and then you can see how I added to it in the photos below.





And on to the next one... Here is the panel.


And the fun additions I did for the borders...



I was pretty happy with the quilting on the above photo. I had a template that was meant for a snowflake but it also looked like a sunflower to me. So I used part of it in the gold border. 


And the finished wall hanging. The quilt hanger was made by a friends husband many years ago and resides in my family room with a modern quilt when I am not using it for a prop!


Thanks for visiting my blog, I always appreciate your comments and try to reply to each one. But if you are a no-reply I won't be able to. 






13 comments:

  1. I love the second one! Love those flowers. It has been the hottest summer on record here! So many days in the 100+ degree range, where we normally only get a day or 2 reaching 100 degrees. The mornings are cooler, so I walk at 4am! Autumn is my favorite time of year, but I wish it would last 2 seasons long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have a talent for dressing up panels. Always lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! The border on the cornucopia makes the quilt look 3 dimensional. Your borders on both add so much to the panel. You keep amazing me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so pretty, Vicki! I love your creative borders - I think you've been trying some new and different border blocks lately. That's a wonderful quilt hanger, too - you can change out what's hanging from it all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome border ideas! They're very pretty. I think fall has arrived here as it was about 45 degrees when I got up this morning. Warm days and chilly nights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to border the bottom panel. I would never have thought to offset the two borders. It works well. Hum absolutely no fall peeking through our weather. It's been in the 90s for a couple of days. Later this week we "might" see mid 70s. But by then it should be in the 50s overnight. I figure this year it might be October before we have consistently lower temps 60s to low 70s. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This fall wall hanging is so pretty, Vicki. The border is very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki! Wow, what a great selection of wall hangings. Great job! I'm wondering how many you need to make?? As many as will sell, right?! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is still warm here, but that is not stopping me from dreaming of fall. Vicki, your fall quilts look amazing. Aaah the crow quilt- be still my heart. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another gorgeous piece....and yes...fall is coming...less light is always a tricky one for me. I miss evening walks as we loose the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - love these gorgeous fall panels, Vicki! Thanks for sharing them with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html