Monday, September 4, 2023

Catching up

I have a bit of catching do to do as I pieced a few wall quilts using panels before we went on vacay.  And since being home I have quilted them. It feels so good to be catching up! But you will be seeing several fall wall hangings in the next few posts.  Here is the first.  As you can see this is how the panel started.




The first sashing I added is the green to bring it up to a size that worked for my HST units. Well it wasn't coming out quite right so you will notice that I added a gold polka dot fabric right in the center of each row to make it work. Then a black sashing all around to separate the sunflower outer border to make it stand out more.


Off to the longarm for some custom quilting. I always enjoy that;)


Ta Da all done! Some one will love seeing this hang in their home for Thanksgiving I hope. Yes it is listed in my Etsy shop.


Linking with Design Wall Monday, Sew and Tell Monday, Monday Musings .

By clicking on my link and purchasing I will receive a small commission. Thanks to you who have done that!!



11 comments:

  1. Wow, it fits your shelf/quilt hanger perfectly!!! It looks like it's suppose to live in your home!!!! Love the variegated HSTs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love what you do with the panels. Looking forward to more posts of autumn, my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make so much to sell in your etsy shop but do you have a lot of quilts and pieces that you use for your own home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another cute one! I imagine you know the best selling sizes and designs for your projects to make them quicker to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicki! Wow, this panel really evokes Thanksgiving to me. Just looking it at it a distance, to me it looks like it give you a hug. What a nice welcoming piece for an entryway. Thanks for the Accuquilt links. I'm going to check out what's happening over there! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that spacer in the HST row worked out perfectly, Vicki! It gives the center a kind of star effect. This is a really pretty one - nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way the extra bit of polka dot fabric adds a bit more movement - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beauty, Vicki . You certainly made this panel pop ! Great job. I am looking forward to pulling out fall quilts to enjoy. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No one is going to think a thing about the extra bit of gold dot fabric. Another wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look who is ready for Thanksgiving. I am not surprised :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you did with this Vicki! I can say, I have had to use that trick occasionally myself! LOL Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html