Sunday, September 17, 2023

Jack-O-Lantern and pumpkins

Ten days ago I attended the Great Wisconsin Quit show held in Madison. I always go over and stay with a friend and we go to the show together. It's been 4 years since I went to this one. Of course we had a nice time both at the show and then going back to her house for tons of chatter and laughter.  I really didn't buy a lot at the show, a few patterns from Buttermilk Basin(BB) and a set of fat quarters at another booth. The truth is I didn't need anything but inspiration;)  The BB booth was great, I couldn't help myself when it came to her Halloween display. A few days later I had this little guy all stitched up. 


At 16"x12" it makes a great wall or door banner.  The pattern didn't call for the orange or candy corn borders, but that made it a bit to small for my liking so I added them.  The pattern also has a larger size included.  Great way to use some orange scraps! 


What a fun little cutie to work on. I appliqued the nose and mouth on after quilting. Buttons for eyes were machine stitched on after quilting also. 

                         Triangles added in each top corner to insert a small dowel rod for hanging. 



All things pumpkin, it's the season and I am loving working with fall colors once more. 


The pumpkin applique are a free pattern from A Bright Corner blog.  After determining what size background fabric I wanted I quilted it on my longarm. I actually did two on one backing to save time. Then I bind and applique it. 


I like to find other ways one can display a runner or quilt, we need options, right! So open a door and hang the runner over it.


Oh I am not done with pumpkins yet, more to come this week;) I hope you'll check back in a few days. 







11 comments:

  1. I was only visiting my daughter once at the right time to see the Madison show when she lived near the area. She didn't want to go but dropped me off so I could see it and then came back at an agreed upon time to pick me up - would have been fun to have met up but this must have been 10 years ago LOL now of course she doesn't live there anymore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute pumpkins. I like your methodology to quilt first and then appliqué. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That candy corn border print is adorable! The pumpkin table runner is quite elegant and the quilting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Jack-O-Lantern quilt! The table runner is pretty as well, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jack o'lantern mini is so cute, Vicki! I love that candy corn border - he definitely needed that. Hanging the runner over a door is a fun idea. I'm ready to sew some pumpkins, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these pumpkins. The jar pumpkin is adorable and the pumpkin applique is elegant. Two different but lovely versions of the same subject.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the quilting on the pumpkin runner - looks great! Wonderful pumpkins, all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The BB wall hanging and the runner are both nice. Can't wait to see more pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki! Well, what the heck. I almost made plans to go on Friday this year but my friend was in FL (just in time for the hurricane), so we are definitely going next year. Maybe we can meet next year? CUTE jar quilt. My list has banner flags on it - Halloween is the perfect time to list some. I assume you're listing it? I was just lusting after some candy corn in the grocery store - my Mom was a huge fan, so I always picked some up for her. Have a fantastic week. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fantastic, Vicki!! I love the Jack-o-lantern mason jar and the table runner looks like harvest season! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html