Friday, February 2, 2024

Getting back to blogging

 Hello, hello my fellow quilting peeps. While I have really enjoyed my blogging break it's time to get back to posting. Even though I wasn't writing posts I have been keeping busy.  


Many red scraps have been used in making strawberry blocks, four done so far. 


Next up was getting out the gold scraps and cutting many 2.5" squares and some HST's in golds and greens too.  The strawberry and pineapple blocks were all cut with Accuquilt dies from the 8" cube.  Speaking of Accuquilt, I have been accepted for another year as a Go! Getter. I am excited to see what is ahead for this year. 


Also on the agenda has been a little sock knitting in the evenings.  The gray marl Kroy sock yarn was a bit boring so I decided to jazz it up a bit with a variegated purple/blue. It's also a Kroy yarn but it is a different weight but it still worked for the heel, stripes and toe.  I am currently working on the foot of the second one. 
While I did try to read a few blogs here and there I mostly stayed unplugged. I would love to hear what you have been working on!  Tune in Saturday for an announcement!

As an affiliate of Accuquilt they let me know the current sales. 

All month long are MARKDOWNS -- Save up to 65% on select items for a limited time so check those out and see you need want any of them:)

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty socks. I can already picture some new table runners using those cute fruity blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your strawberry and pineapples! Those different reds and golds make fun blocks. That looks like a warm and cozy sock, too! I'm always impressed with socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the strawberries and pineapples, Vicki!! Neat socks, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hearts and pineapples and socks....a great way to stay busy while enjoying time not blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those pineapples and the sock - it seems everyone can knit socks but me! I guess I need someone to sit right with me and talk me through it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to have you back! Hope your break was a good one. The strawberry block is so cute and I love the purple stripes in your socks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What delightful, simple, heartwarming blocks. Can't wait to see the future "fruit" of your labor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty strawberries and pineapples - that looks like fun. Congratulations on being a Go! Getter again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi again! I wonder if AccuQuilt is getting rid of the Studio cutter? Just curious. I'm glad you're back. I've been working on a pineapple project, too. Small world! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice strawberries and pineapples. A very fruitful post! The sock looks wonderfully cozy and warm. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your strawberry and pineapple blocks! Congratulations on being a Go Getter for a second year! --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fruity blocks and socks, nice! Welcome back to BlogLand, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back to blogging. I've missed keeping up with you. Your sock looks great. I generally buy variegated sock yarn as I really don't want to have to bury a bunch of starts and stops... or do you just carry the yarn? Your fruit sound great... wait, I mean if we were to eat it. They look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the fruit, what is the end game for them? They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've always admired knitters who could make socks! I like how you jazzed it up with some purple stripes. Also using your scraps to make strawberry and pineapple blocks is excellent and will make such a fun quilt! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html