Thursday, December 21, 2023

A brown Christmas

It's going to be a brown Christmas this year as we don't have any snow, we might get rain instead. So unusual for us, but loving the little warmer temps near or in the 40's. Are you having a white Christmas or not this year? 


Earlier this week I decided I needed another little hand project for night time TV watching. So I pulled another easy one from Melissa's blog. She is so generous with her cute designs. I love that they are small and easy to do. This one is called Winter Tree Sampler.

I have been kitting up some table runners for future piecing time. That way when I have a few minutes to sew I can just pull one of them and get busy. Do you ever do that?  I would show you the stack I have but it's pretty boring. So instead I will show you a donation quilt I pieced last week. It's a Villa Rosa pattern called Cinnamon Stix. So quick, easy and a fun result. Have you ever bought any Villa Rosa patterns? They are only $2.00 each, such a good price.  While I love getting their hard copy, I went with a PDF so I could get it right away! 


I pulled a border fabric and some fun prints and sewed it right up! I did have to change up the border a bit as I didn't have quite enough to do it the way of the pattern. 


I am so thankful for those of you that follow my blog, read it and leave me some comment love! Right now I am feeling the need to have a little blog break, so I decided to take the month of January off starting with this post.  I'll still be checking out your blogs from time to time.  

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!  





9 comments:

  1. I'm laughing here because I've just been working on that same sampler tonight! I wanted a wintry one. It's been in the 50s and 60s here, but snow is predicted for Christmas Eve. Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your blogging break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little sampler is so cute. It would rare to have snow for Christmas here in far north Texas, but not impossible. When we lived near Oklahoma City we had a memorable blizzard on Christmas Eve 2009, and lots of people were stranded in their businesses! Some meteorologists are saying we might get some snow in January - I'm crossing my fingers! Enjoy your time off Vicki - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your blog break - we'll miss you! The donation quilt is very cute. I do kit up things for quick sewing. Mostly I kit up lots of blocks, and stack the pieces on the thin paper plates. That way I can just grab a paper plate from the stack and sew up a block or 2 quickly. My bigger kits go into ziplock bags or the project boxes. Right now I have kitted up several projects. I'm spending a week house/kid/dog sitting at one daughter's house and I'm taking my sewing machine and some kits so I have things to do while the kids are at school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki! We're having a brown Christmas this year as well. It's very odd but the warmer temperatures are a welcome change. It still feels chilly though with the dampness hanging around and constant clouds. I just LOVE these fabrics in your donation quilt. They are so bright and happy looking! Someone is going to be very pleased and thankful to receive it. I'll miss you during your blog break but I've been doing something similar. Sometimes it's just needed! Merry Christmas to you and your family and Happy New Year as well. See you in 2024. {{Hugs}} a bunch, my friend. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, this brown snow (heh heh) isn't nearly as pretty as the white! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good, Vicki!!! I'm sure you'll have a lot to share come February, and that we'll have snow by then!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaah your Winter Sampler is looking amazing, Vicki. Thank you so much for adding it to your stitching list and for the sweet shout out. No snow here either, but I would love to see a white Christmas. Cinnamon Stix is fabulous. I pieced Hey Bales this summer from Villa Rosa. You reminded me that I need to finish it. LOL. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most of the country had a brown Christmas this year. We will miss you in January. I'm still trying to get caught up with my blog reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boo hoo! I'm going to miss your wonderful projects. But, I sure understand the need for a blog break. No snow here but we'll be watching out for January. Although I must admit it won't be like the snows I can remember from my childhood and also some memorable ones when my kids were in high school. I can say we had a 1.5" snowfall in early December. Pretty surprising to tell the truth. But it didn't last the day. Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html