Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Snowman projects

Last weekend I had a bit of free time so I decided to put the finishing touches on these three little cross stitch pieces. They had been stitched in the last couple years, once the stitching was all done I put them aside. The plan was to make them into little bowl fillers.  


But as you see that plan morphed into something else!  A little garland to hang on my entry way quilt hanger sounded like a better idea as I have lots of snowman items to sit about here and there. 


After trimming to the correct size, I turned the raw edges to the back and hot glued them onto a piece of foam core board. 


Gluing a piece of felt to the back to make it neater, adding a bow and a little piece of trim to the outside edges they were ready to be strung together with jute twine.


Another Snow Dudes table runner was needed.


I used a new to me fabric for this one. With tiny white dots all over it kinda mimics snow. 



Lots of Accuquilt sales still happening. 









13 comments:

  1. the cross stitch pieces are pretty how you have them displayed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a fun idea, Vicki! You're so creative with the finishes on those - love the bows. Looks like the perfect spot for them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cross stitches are so fun!! and of course - your runners are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet little snowmen! I have a Christmas-y cross stitch project hiding somewhere. It was put away over the summer partially done. Guess it's time to get it out and finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snowman cross stitch garland is beautiful! The new fabric does look like snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garland is so cute! Great idea, and you've inspired me to get out some pieces of cross stitch to see if I can do something besides frame them. Snow Dudes is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that snowman garland...so adorable. Of course, the snow dudes are so fun and that fabric is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That snowman garland - so cute! You know I love any and all of your snowman quilts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki! Your snowman garland is adorbs and your snowman runners are always a hit. It's a nice problem to have to make another one, isn't it?!! {{Hugs}} a bunch, my friend. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute ribbons, buttons, jute! All your snowmen are cute! Especially since we're not having to battle snow yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute!!!! I just love the idea of a garland and your snowman cross stitches look fabulous with your redwork quilt in the background. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cross stitch banner is so cute! Love it. What an adorable table runner. I bet it's already sold! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/12/6/wednesday-wait-loss-357

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great garland idea... even I could cross stitch a couple of small items and make a similar display for a quilt rack. Thanks for giving details on the finishing also. This is a possibility for me in the future...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html