Monday, April 22, 2024

Morning Glories and scrap processing

I am so in the spring mood!  Over the weekend I pulled out and went through a bin of some floral fabric that I had purchased for making purses(which I no longer am making). These morning glories caught my attention and I remembered I had made a wedge runner with them before. That one having sold I could use another. Quilting on it should happen this week.



My scrap bins are out of control and they have been that way for a long time. No time like the present to go through a few and cut for a potato chip block. One stack of bricks cut on Saturday and one on Sunday. Didn't even make a tiny dimple in the scrap bag, in fact I swear it grew instead of shrink!!!  I am so itching to sew a few blocks but I am still thinking if I want to do each block in a colorway or just mix all the colors in one block. 


Linking with Sew and Tell Monday, Design Wall Monday and Monday Musings.


6 comments:

  1. Hum, that wedge runner is nifty. I have one but haven't made anything with it in years. So, what size is your brick blocks -- 2 on one die would be nice -- I have the one in the 9" cube and also a 6.5 by 3.5. I tend to cut either size just to move out my scraps. I'm trying to clear off the front of my cutting table by cutting whatever size I can from the scraps covering it. I can see the difference but there is a lot still to do. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the morning glory print! I'm interested in seeing your potato chip blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so true about scraps, but you are making a dent and that counts. I see some heavy "cutting" in my future with my dyes and my scraps...after the reorg of the house with all the things that arrived yesterday! I am tired of moving scrap piles, and am committed to doing something about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I forgot to say, I love the morning glory runner. They remind me of my Grandmother's front porch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your S-shaped runners are just fabulous. One day I have to give that a try!! Thanks for sharing with us on Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I desperately need to take out the GO Big and cut up some scraps.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html