Friday, April 19, 2024

Finishes and blogger issues

I did crank out a couple of finishes this week. The quilting machine was purring right along on Monday and Tuesday and binding happened on Wednesday and Thursday.  These were pieced during the winter. 


Actually I pieced four identical to this one but only quilted two. And only one of those two got the binding on for a complete finish.  The other ones will wait in the wings until I need them for my Etsy shop. I went on the hunt in my stash for a backing, I almost got lost in my box of homespuns. But I came up with the perfect piece that was big enough for these two. 


Recently I posted about working on yellow and white blocks, several of you were anxious to see what they would become. Ta da!!  Here it is. I pieced two of these over the winter and quilted both this week. Once again I only bound one of them.  These are made using the Morning Star Accuquilt BOB die. It makes easy work of cutting and piecing the little triangles. I wouldn't attempt them without the die.

 l
Linking with RSC for the yellow month:)


Blogger issues...I used to be able to click the notify me box that you see when you go to make a comment and that way all of your comments came into my email.  In the last two months that hasn't worked. Well shoot I sometimes(ok a lot of the time) forget to check back here on the blog to read comments. I mean a girl(quilter) has lots of things to do and we can't remember them all, LOL.  Is this issue of not getting comments in your email happening to you also?  Anyone heard of a fix for this?  

Linking with Friday inspiration parties, I hope you will go check some of them out with me.


15 comments:

  1. What a pretty patriotic runner, and I love the homespun backing. For my comments, I have comment moderation so I always know when someone comments. You may already know this, but it is under Settings, Comments, and when you click on Comment Moderation, you can click "Always". Click "Email moderation requests to" to enter the email address you want comments sent to for your approval and you can reply that way. All that being said, don't worry about responding to my comments - lol - I just enjoy seeing what you've been up to! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yellow runner, Vicki. I was thinking of making that block using the diamond templates from Krista Moser. do you think that would work also?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes - those yellow/white blocks are awesome. They make a beautiful runner. Love the patriotic one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your yellow and white tablerunner! I can really see how your Accuquilt would be so handy for cutting those pieces - they are tricky with a ruler and rotary cutter. Sorry you're having trouble with the commenting. I have a few people who comment on mine who don't come through to the email, and I don't know why. Most usually do, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table runners are gorgeous, Vicki. I love the homespun backing. I hope that you are able to fix the comment /email problem soon . I have had that problem before- so frustrating. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your yellow table runner, such a bright and sunny quilt! Beautiful patriotic mats too.
    For my comments, I've added my email address on Settings, Email , Subscribers to post notifications (I don't know how it's written in English, but it's the 2nd parameter of the email section). It works!
    Thank you for sharing with TGIFF! Feel free to join in my regular weekly link party on Saturdays too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cant help with your comment problems, but I have comment moderation too. This was suggested when I first started blogging, and means you can stop any of those strange emails from weirdos coming through. Yes, they do happen occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your runners. Sorry about the blogger problems, I am on wordpress...a different can of worms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki! I'm sorry you are having issues with comments but you don't need to worry about replying to me. LOVE your yellow and white runner. It looks HARD to make but I know the die cuts make assembly much easier. It's just a nice, sunny piece that would brighten any space. And who doesn't love yellow?! Of course, your r/w/b runners are fab, too. And timely! Great job all around. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty table runners, Vicky. Love them both. Hope you figured out the blogger issues.

    ReplyDelete
  11. (My turn to have issues for adding a comment! It looks like my previous comment wasn't published) I love your yellow table runner, such a happy and bright little quilt!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty table runners! I moderate comments and most of them do come into my email inbox. I still check comments once in a while, because certain emails seem to have trouble with Blogger, like yahoo for some reason, but that happens just every once in a while, not always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilts look great. I think the morning star one is spectacular...and you are so right about the AccuQuilt dies making it easy to cut out. I try to make sure I've responded to all the readers that leave me a comment. So, sometimes I just go to the blog page and go visit their pages. Sometimes I don't. But "I think" I'm getting all the notifications to my email account. I know one time I was trying to limit being followed around the internet and I changed that one place and I lost any emails from my readers. Eventually I changed it. Technology is wonderful except they keep changing it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the yellow runner. I agree, I don't think I would attempt that block without the die.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html