Sunday, September 29, 2024

Day Three at Retreat

This one is a great scrap buster, I love doing it in the fall colors which also sorta makes it antique looking. But it could be done in any color really. It's a pattern in a booklet from Calico Printworks, called Cornerstones. 



Next up was this Starstruck, it is a tutorial from me which you can find under the tutorial heading at the top of this page. Quilting will happen at home for all three of these projects. 



Then I moved on to piecing a new to me pattern. Three yard free pattern called Bravo from Material Girlfriends. However I obviously forgot how to count when I was cutting as I was short four white squares for the star corners and didn't bring the polka dot fabric with! Hate when I do that. So after I get home I will cut and sew the last star to make another row and then add the three borders.


I still had lots of time to chat with my fellow quilting friends in between the sewing. Wednesday was my team of 4 preparing the two meals, french toast with saugages for brunch was a lighter meal than Tuesday. And then for the evening meal we did a baked spaghetti dish with salad and breadsticks. Sorry I forgot to take pictures of any of it!  That evening the three at my sewing table spent a lot of time laughing so hard we couldn't even tell the others what we were laughing at! Do you ever do that?  And then if you try to retell it to people it isn't so funny and they don't get it!!

At any rate since I sewed the first runner with scraps I am linking with Oh Scrap! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html