Monday, July 20, 2026

Moving in

 Little by little I am getting moved back in to the refreshed sewing room. First up is the new white cupboards I got from Amazon. They came in four boxes with a gazillion pieces! Remember last winter we put together several items together so we knew what we were getting into, LOL. We took two days to assembled them. each cupboard is in two pieces, a top and a bottom, otherwise it would be to heavy for us. Once in place you attach the top to the bottom.


The next day we brought in the two new lift tables for the sewing machines. Also from Amazon. I should have be an affiliate for all the stuff we buy from there, LOL.  Next we moved the pressing station in, I have been using that for several years and I love it. We made it with a cube unit from Ikea and put rollers on it. You will see a better view of it later on. And my ruler rack is back on the same wall next to the door leading into the kitchen.


Okay please don't judge me by this next photo! Remember my sewing room has been a working sewing room for 32 years. I know I have a LOT of stuff in there, but I also knew pretty much where everything was. But I have been wanting to do something a little cleaner, neater and a little emptier! So I had to show the before and you'll see all of the after in a week or so with a whole new arrangement. When I took this photo I was standing in the French door way of the living room. My sewing room is what would be a formal dining room which we would never have used as we have an eat in kitchen. So when we built the house we agreed this would be my knitting/sewing room. 


Several of you asked if I found things I had forgotten about or lost. The answer is that I pretty much knew everything I had but it was a trip down memory lane in some cases, finding things I hadn't used in years. A very good exercise in realizing I don't need to buy much of anything!! 




 

13 comments:

  1. Great refresh, Vicki!!! Fun minis up on the walls, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not judging at all. My sewing room looks like the last picture. I'm thinking the bigger the room, the bigger the chaos, lol. All I can say is take your time to bring back the things you need in your "new" room. It's hard to "clear" a space when everything is in the way. Ask me how I know, lol. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sewing room looks wonderful, Vicki - it's so spacious! The new cabinets and sewing machine tables look really useful. You know we won't judge your "before" picture because we all have times when our crafting area is overwhelmed with stuff! It's always a good feeling to sort through the stuff and figure out what you don't need anymore. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be wonderful based on the beginning of the move in. Wow! No judgment at all from me. My sewing room hasn't been empty in 20 years, and would benefit greatly from being totally empty while the stuff is sorted. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow -- your new space is going to be lovely. My space resembles your before picture. I just have way more space. (That I fill with all sorts of things...) I'm looking forward to see the completed refresh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful room! I love those cabinets, and your ironing table is, as my Mom and Granny used to say, "really keen!" I can't wait to see the rest. And nope, no judgment from me - it looks like a well organized sewing room to me. I can also say I know where everything is - that is, until I start looking for one small thing - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting, Vicki! It's a lot of work setting up or reorganizing your creative space but it can really pay off in the long run. I look forward to see you making beautiful things in your new room soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very spacious!! I hope you can keep it like that :) how did you work in the old space? I would have to have a lot of empty space but that is me- I have to have room to move around. It is nice that you have the room to do this. I love your sewing machine tables and those cupboards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's going to be amazing! My room looks much more like your last picture there - but I'm slowly going through and organizing more. I'm sure I don't need to buy anything more either but they keep coming out with new fun tools and such pretty fabric!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are anonymous so I can't respond by email like usual. But thank you for your sweet comment.

      Delete
  10. It is going to be beautiful! Thank you for sharing, and I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no email addy for you Linda. Just wanted to say thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  11. No judgment here, my friend!! I think our collection would look similar if I took the time to look. Good job with a nice refresh. I know you're feeling inspired to get it all in order and get back to work! Looking forward to seeing what your first project is in your new room. Perfect use of a "dining room", if you were to ask me! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html