What says summer better than watermelon! Where did Spring go, I can't believe it is already July!!
I love that watermelon print! Perfect for a picnic, now if only the weather would cooperate! We are hot and so humid, a little rain here and there.
So fun to dig look through the stash to find just the right backing;)
This rectangular watermelon table runner is a UFO finish. I had pieced two last summer and didn't need this second one until now. Pattern by Anka's Treasure. Little by little I will get around to finishing more UFOs.
It looks pretty good on a kitchen Island too. We have been getting some really good watermelon at Sams Club and it just so happened we opened a new one in time for the photos.
Edited: I should have looked up the book that the pattern is in before I posted it. It is Anka's Treasure Trendy Table 3 book. I took the watermelon from there and set it in my own table runner.
Linking with Wednesday Wait Loss.





Your fabrics in the circle table mat are so, so pretty! I love the backing too. That runner is adorable, and I love the photo with the slices of melon. I'll have to check Sam's melons - we usually get ours at the grocery store, and they are pricey!
ReplyDeleteLove your SUmmertime runners!!!
ReplyDeleteI love to eat watermelon and seeing watermelons in quilts and stitching! Not sure I have ever actually pieced one out of fabric, although I have cross-stitched or embroidered quite a few. All that to say - I love this tablerunner that you've made! I'll have to look up that pattern.
ReplyDeleteNow you can't start summer without a watermelon quilt. They both are fabulous, Vicki. Love the watermelon fabrics- how fun! I pulled out one of my appliqued watermelon quilts yesterday. Hugs
ReplyDeleteI love the circle!!!
ReplyDeleteWatermelon is my favorite fruit and these runners look so juicy and fresh. :)
ReplyDeleteWatermelon is a favorite around here. We get watermelon juice to drink after excercise; it is so refreshing. The runners are adorable. I'm sure they won't last very long in the shop.
ReplyDeleteI love watermelon! Your quilts are both so cute. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/07/01/wednesday-wait-loss-491
Those are perfect projects for summer! I don't know what's up with this year. It's absolutely flying by and I can't keep up!
ReplyDeleteBoth quilts are so cute! That pink really makes the quilt pop.
ReplyDelete